Welcome to BIG SHOTS – BC's Friendliest Outdoor Forum.

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Where has everyone gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter #1
I have been lurking around reading some good posts then all of a sudden I see a marked absence of people I have been following, where has everyone gone, they can't all be hunting in the Peace.

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./CERTIFIED GOOSE PIG 2016..... Cedar BC
Well GP, welcome to the site, how be you tell us about yourself and what you do with your time, coffee's hot, but Nahmint made it so:What?:

WELCOME again GHOST PEPPER......
Like your avator :Oh Yeah!:....ya a lot of members off to the woods.......its just that time of year........couple weeks and the stories and pics will start rolling in.
check out the ''fishing forums'' and see PHILCOTT'S s BAMFIELD ADVENTURE........That's how to catch salmon !!!! of course having access to the
''ISLANDER REELS'' sure don't hurt either:ROFL: .....
Anyways hang in there and post up a little about your area......... game spotted,fishing etc.
NAHMINT II p.s. coffee ain't half bad........a little TEQUILA helps too !!!

BC30cal

Long-Time Member
I have been lurking around reading some good posts then all of a sudden I see a marked absence of people I have been following, where has everyone gone, they can't all be hunting in the Peace.
Ghost Pepper;
Good evening, I hope the day treated you acceptably and this finds you well.

I was hoping for a bit more rain than we ended up getting so far, but at least the smoke isn't as bad as it was a couple weeks back.

Welcome to the site from 20 minutes south of you.

Would you happen to know chainsaw33 by chance? He's from your fair town as well is all.

Anyway welcome here from almost Vaseaux Lake.

Dwayne

gunseller

GP this is an outdoor site and when things outdoor start people go outdoors. Weather also makes a differance as to posts made. Not being from the far north like most here my scedual is a little different. But as I sell guns and outdoor equipment things have picked up for me in that area. My main hunting does not start for a while yet but prep is underway. Stick around and tell us about yourself while you are waiting for others.
Steve

Thread starter #11
GP this is an outdoor site and when things outdoor start people go outdoors. Weather also makes a differance as to posts made. Not being from the far north like most here my scedual is a little different. But as I sell guns and outdoor equipment things have picked up for me in that area. My main hunting does not start for a while yet but prep is underway. Stick around and tell us about yourself while you are waiting for others.
Steve

I fully understand, but what I don't get is some of the posts I have been following now show a few of the members as "guests" and I am seeing no more posts from them. That is what I was eluding to.

Foxton Gundogs

This is hat the experts say, I sure as hell ain't eating one

855,000 Scoville heat units to an eye-popping 1,041,427 SHU!

Foxton Gundogs

My sister used to be one of those, she would make spaghetti sauce no one could eat it. She has toned it down in her "old age" but still can "out hot" me by a long ways.

REMINGTON JIM

Rem M700 XCR 11 375 H&H Shooter
I fully understand, but what I don't get is some of the posts I have been following now show a few of the members as "guests" and I am seeing no more posts from them. That is what I was eluding to.

YOUR a suspicious person GHOST PEPPER - What are you up too ? :popcorn::Behave: RJ

Piperdown

YOUR a suspicious person GHOST PEPPER - What are you up too ? :popcorn::Behave: RJ
:trouble_maker:RJ is that you holding the spoon :J/K: Oh on another topic i ordered a new F-150 diesel, be here in December :Oh Yeah!:

Piperdown

Will do olympia but i wont be getting it till December, 2inch lift in the front 1 inch in the rear, getting under coated, then a canopy. When i test drove it, it drove real nice felt like a sports car, not the power of my 6.7 then i didn't expect it to have that much power. My 2011 f-350 has been a great truck just turned 300k :)

olympia

Long-Time Member
Will do olympia but i wont be getting it till December, 2inch lift in the front 1 inch in the rear, getting under coated, then a canopy. When i test drove it, it drove real nice felt like a sports car, not the power of my 6.7 then i didn't expect it to have that much power. My 2011 f-350 has been a great truck just turned 300k :)
It's funny cause I have had an equal amount of people tell me they hate em and love em. Glad you like it. Looks pretty economical on fuel to me and a bit cheaper than the GMC Sierras which are also a beautiful truck

Big Lew

This IS My Life
As usual we've gone way off track on this thread, lol! I'm also looking to replace
my long in tooth 2005 Nissan Nismo with something a bit bigger. I just returned
from a trip up to 100 Mile and then over and up into the mountains while pulling
a heavy 21 ft RV trailer and the loaded Nissan. It handled the weight extremely well
but it was hard work for it on the hills. The truck has a heavy duty transmission cooler
but even at that it got pretty hot on occasion. I can't justify the purchase on a new truck
so I've got my eyes out for a secondhand one, likely a Ford or Chev. I don't want anything
fancy, just a good, powerful unit with a heavy duty trailer package. It doesn't even have
to be a 4x4 anymore.

Foxton Gundogs

Pre 2016 Ram 1500 with a hemi. We have one and it handles 2 horses and a 3 horse trailer with all the gear just fine and the mileage is not to bad at all. Check one out Dave, you won't be sorry.

Not to de-rail this already de-ailed thread......:OH-OH:

But I happen to know that there is a new start-up BC hunting site looking for new members...... :Heh, heh, heh:

Seems that a couple of our former members here think that they can do a better job. :Maybe:

Walleye King

Long-Time Member
Speaking of trucks and further de-railing this already de-railed thread. Just to muddy the truck waters, I bought a 2018 Chev half ton with a 5.3 litre gas motor and a 8 speed tranny earlier this year and it's getting great mileage on the highway for me.

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Pre 2016 Ram 1500 with a hemi. We have one and it handles 2 horses and a 3 horse trailer with all the gear just fine and the mileage is not to bad at all. Check one out Dave, you won't be sorry.
Is your's a 2 or 4 wheel drive? By 'mileage is not too bad at all'...in what range are you referring to?
My Nissan isn't that great on fuel considering it's not a full size rig, getting 20-22 mpg empty and
when pulling that 21 ft and carrying a heavy load it's only getting 11-12 mpg.

Last edited:

Foxton Gundogs

I wish them well.

It ain't easy running, building, promoting, and managing a site. They'll find out is short order......

The fact is that there is room for more than one site on the WWW, some make it, some don't. No need for site admins/members to "poach" members. I have no problem with any site as long as they don't turn into havens for internet bullies to talk trash about other sites or their members. The "new" site Dan mentioned was started by a number of my friends(past and present) I also wish them luck. Anyone want to check out the New Kid on the Block here it is. If you are so inclined to check it out, always remember this place is (as many have said) HOME the door is always open and the porch light is always on.

http://westernoutdoors.ca/

Big Lew

This IS My Life
The fact is that there is room for more than one site on the WWW, some make it, some don't. No need for site admins/members to "poach" members. I have no problem with any site as long as they don't turn into havens for internet bullies to talk trash about other sites or their members. The "new" site Dan mentioned was started by a number of my friends(past and present) I also wish them luck. Anyone want to check out the New Kid on the Block here it is. If you are so inclined to check it out, always remember this place is (as many have said) HOME the door is always open and the porch light is always on.

http://westernoutdoors.ca/
Well this old Boy can barely handle what’s on his plate now, and although some have either gone over to the new site or have included it in the sites they participate in, I’m happy with what I’m involved with for the foreseeable future. Under different circumstances and I had a wealth of information, stories, and helpful suggestions to contribute that I’ve not already shared, I might have considered it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Foxton Gundogs

Dave the point is people are most definitely going to be(or already have been) approached to join up over there, that's a fact, whether they do or don't is up to them, no sense burying our heads in the sand. This way our members won't have to feel they are betraying us when they get the PM/text/email asking them to join,. FFS its only the Internet.

Big Lew

This IS My Life
I mean absolutely no disrespect to anyone at all regardless as to whatever site they wish to belong to.
I am a member of 3 hunting and fishing forums already as well as a bicycle touring, 2 archery,
and a hiking forum. I find that I am hardly or no longer able to partake in these various adventures
anymore for health and other reasons, including old age, so other than chatting about unrelated
subjects with internet friends, there's really no reason to be involved with any of them. This site,
because of the internet friends I've made, is likely the last one I'll leave unless asked to do so.
Maybe if I'm able to get out some more, and longer than 1-3 days at a time, I might not have such a
defeatist attitude.

REMINGTON JIM

Rem M700 XCR 11 375 H&H Shooter
I belong to the New Site it will take some growing ! :don't tell anyone: LOL Hell i am just about on everysite there is and so are a lot of Others ! Jim Fox (Foxton Gundogs ) is on Hunting BC lots - nothing wrong with that :Lips Are Sealed: Cheers RJ

Foxton Gundogs

Dave you disrespected no one. The point of my post was for the benefit of our members. I had a conversation with a Great BSBC member yesterday, he expressed concerns that if he went over there for a look see he would somehow feel disloyal to Big Shots. Look we know some members over there are being asked to recruit members from here, I have asked invited members from other sites to join Big Shots, I'm sure many here have been asked to join other sites before. There is no need to play the espionage game, if people aren't "poached" from here they will still her about other sites and in all likelihood check them out. We do not want our members to feel they are "betraying" Big Shots if they check out other sites, that's not who we are. This is your home and you are our family. Families sometimes go their separate ways for a bit but they are always still family and always come back together.

Mike (aka Leaseman) has a list of people that he wants from here to go over there and sign up.

If anyone on the list wants to signup with Mike (et al) I encourage them to do so. Check them out. See what all the kerfuffle is about. :Heh, heh, heh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom