Welcome to BIG SHOTS – BC's Friendliest Outdoor Forum.

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

What is everyone eating tonight!

NAHMINT

living life in paradise.
VANCOUVER ISLAND, QUADRA ISLAND ,NAHMINT VALLEY
Wife made a simple beef stir fry.......had work to do on old 19ft.Triple E ,so no BBQ tonight......
back east, German and Poles loved carp,. looks like its a ''sought after '' fish now......we classed it like
eels and Aligator gar......trash fish......we were spoiled with Muskie,big walleye and trout.

Wife made a simple beef stir fry.......had work to do on old 19ft.Triple E ,so no BBQ tonight......
back east, German and Poles loved carp,. looks like its a ''sought after '' fish now......we classed it like
eels and Aligator gar......trash fish......we were spoiled with Muskie,big walleye and trout.
I got over 20 lbs of carp fillet that the dog will eat. There are lots better out there.

WOW with all everyone is having I am a little shy to tell what I am having tonight. Loin cut in silver dollar size with rib rub coating grilled and corn on cob grilled then coated with mayonnaise and Chile powder and smashed potatoes. They are small red potatos boiled then litely smashed and mixed with 2 flavors of chip dip.
Steve

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Boy am I a spoiled fellow!!
I picked another overflowing pail of boysenberries today, and despite the heat, my sweetheart
of a wife baked 2 large boysenberry crumble pies! As usual she did a great job of adjusting
the amount of sugar needed to take away the berry's tartness while allowing for her diabetic
concerns so she also can have a little. She froze one and we attacked the other. Good thing we
didn't have a bunch of visitors otherwise it could have gotten ugly...I don't share well when it
comes to berry pies!

Taking a page from CS's book....

I did some rib-end boneless pork chops and made a mushroom sauce to have with them. Veggies were some green beans and some herbed rice that I added edamame beans, and chopped spring onions to..... (I also put some sauce over my rice :don't tell anyone:) Dearest E declined the rice and the sauce - she went with some cauli with her beans.

Oh yeah, I chopped a bunch of fresh mushroom and sauteed them up with a bit of the same herbs that went into the rice. The green beans are just a nod to veggies - the real star of the plate is the MEAT!!

20180715_191418.jpg

20180715_184738.jpg

Top Bottom