Welcome to BIG SHOTS – BC's Friendliest Outdoor Forum.

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

What is everyone eating tonight!

newhunterette

Proud BC Resident Hunter & Gourmet Goddess
Tonight Peter is heading to a poker party so this morning he says to me, “Muff, I forgot to tell you I have to bring an appetizer to the poker party. I know you will work your magic.” My face looks like I went 3 rounds with Rocky as I was at the dentist yesterday dealing with a root canal and feeling rather exhausted but being the good wife I am, I muster up what little energy I have cause that’s what I do. Pulled Pork Sliders coming up..... dough made, first rise, bun shape, rise, bake.... pork in oven, pull pork, pulled pork sliders ..... Poker Party Appetizer ready...... leftovers for me to nibble later on......

M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IronNoggin

Stone Cold
Fresh off the boat shrimp & squid.
Handful of mussels picked up at the beach.
Package of halibut retrieved from the freezer.
Couple of King Crab legs just arrived at the local market.
Fresh asparagus, brown mushrooms and sweet onion from the market.
Handful of garlic cloves from last year's efforts.
Fresh dill diced finely.
A little bear grease, and a little better than a brick of Philly.
All served over fresh pasta:

Ate so damn much I don't know when I'll ever be hungry again! :Yikes!:

Cheers,
Nog of the Ever Expanding Belly

Big Lew

This IS My Life
We cheated! Went out for dinner this evening to celebrate a recent event.
Both our meals were very good, but just as nice was not having to either cook it
or clean up afterward.:Heh, heh, heh::Yee Ha:

philcott

Mucho Gusto
Mine was simple but tasty.

Three nice fairly thinly cut pork loin chops (from my son's pig) fried up with a homemade rub. Beside them was some bacon wrapped avocado slices with cumin, paprika, chili powder and a speckling of salt baked in the oven to a crisp and creamy smooth delight.

newhunterette

Proud BC Resident Hunter & Gourmet Goddess
My day proved to be productive with choices by noon.... baked blueberry muffins (menfolk lunches) and French buns for beef dips (left over roast beef from night before)...... made chicken and roasted garlic alfredo sauce to go with choice of pasta (Braydon’s supper for tonight).... made gourmet naan bread single size pizzas (for those snack, I am hungry moments)........... Thursday night is date night so we went out for super..... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got the ole crock pot fired up this morning.... short ribs, onion, carrot, garlic, mushrooms, oregano, thyme, bbq sauce and ketchup.

Should be ready in about 45 minutes or so.... meanwhile, a short slurp is in order, or a bit of a tipple, or whatever you choose to call it (them).

Thread starter #1,703

jenn7210

300 MAGNUM
Know you islanders might wince ................................. Bought a nice coho fillet for supper . Haven't had decent fish since my trip to the rock.
Gently spiced and buttered , a little lemon ............................... Oh , so good !

Ready to cook
IMG_0775.JPG

Ready to eat ........................... Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
IMG_0776.JPG

When I had my cafe in Victoria I used to experiment with some dishes and ingredients.

One thing that went well with my test subjects (the customers) was an omelette made with a filling of chopped escargot, bacon, mushrooms, parsley, thyme, and a little bit of rosemary. It was really tasty if I do say so myself.....

CF8889

When I had my cafe in Victoria I used to experiment with some dishes and ingredients.

One thing that went well with my test subjects (the customers) was an omelette made with a filling of chopped escargot, bacon, mushrooms, parsley, thyme, and a little bit of rosemary. It was really tasty if I do say so myself.....
Where was your cafe?

Top Bottom