Welcome to BIG SHOTS – BC's Friendliest Outdoor Forum.

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

What is everyone eating tonight!

N

NAHMINT

Wife made a simple beef stir fry.......had work to do on old 19ft.Triple E ,so no BBQ tonight......
back east, German and Poles loved carp,. looks like its a ''sought after '' fish now......we classed it like
eels and Aligator gar......trash fish......we were spoiled with Muskie,big walleye and trout.

fingershooter

Wife made a simple beef stir fry.......had work to do on old 19ft.Triple E ,so no BBQ tonight......
back east, German and Poles loved carp,. looks like its a ''sought after '' fish now......we classed it like
eels and Aligator gar......trash fish......we were spoiled with Muskie,big walleye and trout.
I got over 20 lbs of carp fillet that the dog will eat. There are lots better out there.

gunseller

WOW with all everyone is having I am a little shy to tell what I am having tonight. Loin cut in silver dollar size with rib rub coating grilled and corn on cob grilled then coated with mayonnaise and Chile powder and smashed potatoes. They are small red potatos boiled then litely smashed and mixed with 2 flavors of chip dip.
Steve

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Boy am I a spoiled fellow!!
I picked another overflowing pail of boysenberries today, and despite the heat, my sweetheart
of a wife baked 2 large boysenberry crumble pies! As usual she did a great job of adjusting
the amount of sugar needed to take away the berry's tartness while allowing for her diabetic
concerns so she also can have a little. She froze one and we attacked the other. Good thing we
didn't have a bunch of visitors otherwise it could have gotten ugly...I don't share well when it
comes to berry pies!

Bow Walker

TROUBLE SHOOTER.
Taking a page from CS's book....

I did some rib-end boneless pork chops and made a mushroom sauce to have with them. Veggies were some green beans and some herbed rice that I added edamame beans, and chopped spring onions to..... (I also put some sauce over my rice :don't tell anyone:) Dearest E declined the rice and the sauce - she went with some cauli with her beans.

Oh yeah, I chopped a bunch of fresh mushroom and sauteed them up with a bit of the same herbs that went into the rice. The green beans are just a nod to veggies - the real star of the plate is the MEAT!!

20180715_191418.jpg

20180715_184738.jpg

Bow Walker

TROUBLE SHOOTER.
Salads for us too last night - too darned hot to even fry up something.

I rooted around in the fridge and came out with some veggies - I chopped some cauli, some chopped broccoli, grated some carrot, and threw in some frozen uncooked peas, and added some diced red onion. Instant veggie salad. Poured a bit of soya sauce, some rice wine vinegar, some balsamic vinegar, some olive oil, a few grinds of black pepper, and some dried herbs into a jar and shook the bejaysus out of it. Spooned that over the veggies and proceeded to nosh.

newhunterette

Proud BC Resident Hunter & Gourmet Goddess
Tonight I made Scallops with a pomegranate reduction over a bed if arugula to start then lemon garlic butter poached lobster over apple pear slices and cilantro/paprika sprinkles and for main was Nobu miso cod, teriyaki rice, baby red peppers grilled zucchini.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N

NAHMINT

JIM,
Have a 140ml. fireproof bottle of ''HOT'' CHILI PANCHO bought in Mexico, only words in English are... just 3 or 4 drops on food........
every time I look at it,my eyes burn.......please help and take it away :Yee Ha::Yee Ha:

stevo911

Need A Life
Now that my veggies are going full tilt I'm having zoodle (zucchini spiralized into noodles) chicken caprese salad every other night.
Garlic, zoodles, basil, cherry tomatos, italian seasoning, chicken breast, mozzarella balls, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper and olive oil is all it takes.
Super good, super healthy, super low in carbs with the zucchini instead of noodles, and super cheap!

Top Bottom