Welcome to BIG SHOTS – BC's Friendliest Outdoor Forum.

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

What is everyone eating tonight!

Got the ole crock pot fired up this morning.... short ribs, onion, carrot, garlic, mushrooms, oregano, thyme, bbq sauce and ketchup.

Should be ready in about 45 minutes or so.... meanwhile, a short slurp is in order, or a bit of a tipple, or whatever you choose to call it (them).

Thread starter #1,703

jenn7210

300 MAGNUM
Know you islanders might wince ................................. Bought a nice coho fillet for supper . Haven't had decent fish since my trip to the rock.
Gently spiced and buttered , a little lemon ............................... Oh , so good !

Ready to cook
IMG_0775.JPG

Ready to eat ........................... Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
IMG_0776.JPG

When I had my cafe in Victoria I used to experiment with some dishes and ingredients.

One thing that went well with my test subjects (the customers) was an omelette made with a filling of chopped escargot, bacon, mushrooms, parsley, thyme, and a little bit of rosemary. It was really tasty if I do say so myself.....

CF8889

Long-Time Member
When I had my cafe in Victoria I used to experiment with some dishes and ingredients.

One thing that went well with my test subjects (the customers) was an omelette made with a filling of chopped escargot, bacon, mushrooms, parsley, thyme, and a little bit of rosemary. It was really tasty if I do say so myself.....
Where was your cafe?

newhunterette

Proud BC Resident Hunter & Gourmet Goddess
Tonight we had stuffed pork tenderloin cooked in the sous vide, roasted sweet potatoes done in my new instant pot (birthday gift), asparagus grilled on my flat cast iron pan........ Peter rated top 5 of my meals..... thats big

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

philcott

Mucho Gusto
I actually had some beef last night. 1st time in a long time I didn't eat game meat. I did have bear pepperoni for break and moose tenderloin at work for lunch. 2nd son and daughter were over and made us supper. Had a tasty rib eye steak and spinach salad with feta, blueberries, candied salmon, and so much more.

Prime Rib - THE best cut on the whole animal. :Oh Yeah!:

Atlantic Superstore (where I am currently working part-time) has a sale on prime rib roasts - just a 2-day event. Canada AA or higher grade. The roasts are limited to 2 per order. They are coming on for a mere $4.77 per lb.

L

Leaseman

Prime Rib - THE best cut on the whole animal. :Oh Yeah!:

Atlantic Superstore (where I am currently working part-time) has a sale on prime rib roasts - just a 2-day event. Canada AA or higher grade. The roasts are limited to 2 per order. They are coming on for a mere $4.77 per lb.
Nice to see these type of sales....the one here last summer yielded so great buys! I took out our big one, 9.95 kilos IIRC yesterday. Seems we have 7 sailors coming to visit for the weekend! BBQ steak Friday night, Turkey and ham Saturday.....

Going to be a busy weekend!

F

Fear No Deer

Oh yah picked up a couple at that price at Walmart, great deal.

Tonight my daughter freshly graduate from culinary school is cooking us some strip lion steaks and scallops, she has had the steak marinating in fresh herbs and garlic for a couple of days know, should be good I would think and of course I cut my steaks about 1 1/2" thick.

N

NAHMINT

Never had BBQ octopus BUT a friend from GREECE used to oickle them........ it was actually EXCELLENT !!! But then,after all the most excellent METAXA (?)

Brandy, I guess even tripe would have tasted almost palatable !!!

Fella

Tall as a mountain thin as a pine
Never had BBQ octopus BUT a friend from GREECE used to oickle them........ it was actually EXCELLENT !!! But then,after all the most excellent METAXA (?)

Brandy, I guess even tripe would have tasted almost palatable !!!
It was great! I boiled it in salted water for 90 seconds then put it on a bed of herbs in a Dutch oven at low temp in the oven for 30 minutes, then marinaded in lemon, garlic, oregano for about an hour before lightly charring it.

Side story, this was given to me by a friend who free dives. He speared the octopus to the ocean floor and the thing bent his half inch steel spear while trying to get away. He eventually wrestled it to shore. Turned out to be a good sized octopus, at least a 6 foot span

Evening before last it was +7 degrees out here and I had my first BBQ. It was rib eye steak with accompanying veggies all done on the Q.

Delicious!

This morning I woke up to 4+ inches of snow on the ground.....
April 20 2018.jpg

Top Bottom