Welcome to BIG SHOTS – BC's Friendliest Outdoor Forum.

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

What is everyone eating tonight!

philcott

Mucho Gusto
Last nights supper we simple but tasty. We had the last of my home grown broccoli and cauliflower under a homemade cheese sauce, home canned sockeye salmon on a leaf of lettuce that was also from my garden and a fantastic salad (homegrown except for the tomatoes and almond slices).

I'm really enjoying the bounty from our garden this year. Everything grew so well.

Leaseman

I've Been REALLY Bad - I apologize to everyone.
Last nights supper we simple but tasty. We had the last of my home grown broccoli and cauliflower under a homemade cheese sauce, home canned sockeye salmon on a leaf of lettuce that was also from my garden and a fantastic salad (homegrown except for the tomatoes and almond slices).

I'm really enjoying the bounty from our garden this year. Everything grew so well.
Our garden didn't fait too well here Phil! Denises small raised garden did well with green onions, lettuce, kolraby (sp?), radishes etc....

We did have our first feed of Romano beans (home grown) last night with fresh potatoes (ours), fried mushrooms and rib steaks......

Bow Walker

TROUBLE SHOOTER.
Young zuke fresh out of the garden, sliced length wise and on the bbq!!!!!:Oh Yeah!: One of my favorites!!!
I like to cut them length-wise and then make little slits in the meat, into which I drizzle some olive oil and then sprinkle S&P over the whole thing. Let it sit so that the olive oil gets absorbed and then meat side down on the Q to mark it. Then flip over and let cook slowly until tender. Mmmmmm

mastercaster

This IS My Life
OK, I'll bite.

My daughter is down visiting with our new 7 week old grand daughter from Ktown while her husband attends BCWf board meeting over the next three days in Richmond. I kept a nice trout yesterday from the lake I was fishing to do up on the barbecue. Threw on some mini new potatoes with green onions, mushrooms, grape tomatoes, and dill, as well as some grilled corn on the cob. Served with a spinach, feta, fresh blueberries salad. Delish!

Last edited:

newhunterette

Proud BC Resident Hunter & Gourmet Goddess
image.jpg image.jpg

The menfolk are have gnocci in a Italian basil sausage and tomato sauce

I am having nothing but water as I have been having a slight setback.... This shall pass ....

- - - Updated - - -

Effing wifi is peeing me off.... Sorry the pics wouldnt flip and edit wont work

Fear No Deer

Former Member
Ali enjoy your dinner tonight I am feasting on Chilliwack corn and that's it, seriously I love corn after my parents grew it to sell and still do I will eat 6 cobs tonight and man is it good but tomorrow when I go to the bathroom not so good LOL it still comes out yellow.

newhunterette

Ali enjoy your dinner tonight I am feasting on Chilliwack corn and that's it, seriously I love corn after my parents grew it to sell and still do I will eat 6 cobs tonight and man is it good but tomorrow when I go to the bathroom not so good LOL it still comes out yellow.
OK that was TMI dont fart you might blow up like popcorn

I tried to post pics but my phone must be constipated lately

Thread starter #111

jenn7210

300 MAGNUM
Feeling sorry for you Ali , Making all that delice food and none for yourself.:hopelessness:

Heh are those smoked cured porkchops? A friend of mine makes some incredible pork chops! Just like candy !:Oh Yeah!:

newhunterette

Feeling sorry for you Ali , Making all that delice food and none for yourself.:hopelessness:

Heh are those smoked cured porkchops? A friend of mine makes some incredible pork chops! Just like candy !:Oh Yeah!:
yes Jenn, my daddy taught me how to make them... I brine them for a couple days then I smoke them and when it's time to eat them its a low temp oven in apple cider

newhunterette

Tonight I made the men, t-bone steaks on the bbq, oyster mushrooms seasoned with tarragon, spicy french green beans, broccoli cheese risoto, quick grilled sweet baby peppers, honey fried shallots and a fresh mexican shrimp cocktail

and I made myself homemade cream of mushroom soup with 0% fat yogurt, no fat no sodium vegetable broth, protein powder and ****ake mushrooms ... Blended thru my magic bullet.... Yay full fluids again...... Here's hoping we are moving up towards puree'd foods and then solids soon.....

hahahahaha I just noticed it wouldnt accept S H I T ake mushrooms lololo

Last edited:

newhunterette

Oven roasted chicken, eggplant parmesan with roma tomato and sweet basil marinara sauce, crab stuffed mushrooms, multigrain rice and lentil pilaff

for me.....blue berry pomegranite kefir protein shake with a shot of liquid iron

mastercaster

This IS My Life
Oven roasted chicken, eggplant parmesan with roma tomato and sweet basil marinara sauce, crab stuffed mushrooms, multigrain rice and lentil pilaff

for me.....blue berry pomegranite kefir protein shake with a shot of liquid iron
Had the same thing last Saturday stuffed like a turkey with cranberry sauce on the side, as well as other goodies. The snadwiches I make from the chicken, stuffing, and cranberry sauce the last two days were the "icing on the cake" whike fly fishing for pinks the last couple of days!

Bow Walker

TROUBLE SHOOTER.
Next-day sandwiches are the bomb! I love them. :applause:

Tonight I'm doing marinated pork chops along with some seasonal veggies - asparagus, carrot, new spuds, and some cauli.

Guntech

Dennis Sorensen
Seafood chowder...
scallops, salmon, halibut, prawns, potatoes, celery, carrots, onion, garlic, mushrooms, whole milk, salt, pepper, butter, flour... season to taste... big enough pot for a couple of days...

Leaseman

Last night was anniversary dinner......:Oh Yeah!:

Home grown romano beans and spuds, bbq marinated chicken thighs and a bit of ice cream for dessert!! :kewl:

Bow Walker

TROUBLE SHOOTER.
Sounds really good Dennis - I love "low tide soup" :Oh Yeah!:

"googled" chicken-fried steak....:popcorn:

Chicken fried steak (also known as country fried steak) is an American breaded cutlet dish consisting of a piece of steak(tenderized cube steak) coated with seasoned flour and pan-fried. It is associated with the Southern cuisine of the United States.
Chicken fried steak resembles the Austrian dish Wiener Schnitzel and the Italian-Latin American dish Milanesa, which is a tenderized veal or pork cutlet, coated with flour, eggs, and bread crumbs, and then fried. It is also similar to the recipe for Scottish collops.[SUP][1][/SUP]

Leaseman

Sounds really good Dennis - I love "low tide soup" :Oh Yeah!:

"googled" chicken-fried steak....:popcorn:

"CHEAP MEAT BEATEN UNTIL IT IS JUST ABOUT HAMBURGER, THEN BATTERED AND FRIED.... NOT TOO LONG OR IT BECOMES BOOT LEATHER" ..... so how close am I to being right??!! :ROFL:

Bow Walker

TROUBLE SHOOTER.
Up here in Canada 'chicken fried steak' is called cutlets - and we do usually bread them to keep the moisture inside, or the will beocme boot leather.

Time to go play at Labour now....wtfe

Thread starter #129

jenn7210

300 MAGNUM
"CHEAP MEAT BEATEN UNTIL IT IS JUST ABOUT HAMBURGER, THEN BATTERED AND FRIED.... NOT TOO LONG OR IT BECOMES BOOT LEATHER" ..... so how close am I to being right??!! :ROFL:

Except I don't like chewy steak, so our steak was medalions from the tenderloin we bought and sliced up !!!!!!!!!!:Oh Yeah!:

newhunterette

slow roasted leg of lamb, baby potatoes, button mushrooms, smoked onions, orzo with garlic and browned butter...... I had made a huge batch of buffalo burgers so Braydon had to have a couple of those a well on the bbq

for me was cream of tomato soup and protein water

mastercaster

This IS My Life
I just finished making up pink burger patties. I think I'll make up one more batch so I'll have 4-5 dozen to eat over the winter and at summer barbecues.

Here's the recipe:

Salmon Patties

4- more likely 5, Squamish pink salmon (about 7-8 lbs ground meat after grinding)
4- tbs Dijon mustard
4- tbs mayo
juice of 2 lemons

2- chopped onions
1 cup bread crumbs
6- beaten eggs
8- cloves of garlic
4- tbs-oregano
6- tbs -onion soup mix
½ tsp each- curry, pepper, salt
cayene (to taste)

Yields about 30 patties, freeze on cookie trays and then ziplock bag or vac seal and freeze.

Give them a go. They're awesome!

Steelwheels

YIAYIA’s Homestead
I don't think you did Mr. Rob, but I do believe your WIFE did!!!:ROFL:
Lol yes Rob my sis lives on Vancouver Island in Black Creek, she works in a liquor store.. She just got her PAL, has a huge boat for ocean fishing as she loves to go prawning, crabbing, fishing... But she is happily married to a really great guy who is also an avid hunter...... And she will tell you she not a sweet as me.... She says she is the original BITCH and wears the crown proudly...... Lol

oh ya... And she is is much older than me.... She turns 58 tomorrow..... Lol

He kind of did.....

Leaseman

I just finished making up pink burger patties. I think I'll make up one more batch so I'll have 4-5 dozen to eat over the winter and at summer barbecues.

Here's the recipe:

Salmon Patties

4- more likely 5, Squamish pink salmon (about 7-8 lbs ground meat after grinding)
4- tbs Dijon mustard
4- tbs mayo
juice of 2 lemons

2- chopped onions
1 cup bread crumbs
6- beaten eggs
8- cloves of garlic
4- tbs-oregano
6- tbs -onion soup mix
½ tsp each- curry, pepper, salt
cayene (to taste)

Yields about 30 patties, freeze on cookie trays and then ziplock bag or vac seal and freeze.

Give them a go. They're awesome!
Those look great Brent!! :Oh Yeah!:

Will have to try them!!:kewl:

newhunterette

Tonight my menfolk are having ribs hawaiian style (been marinating all day), stir fried baby bok choy, s h i take mushrooms, sweet onions splashed with sesame oil over rice noodles, a tropical mango salad with (--)ly pear vinigerette

for me puree'd butternut squash soup with a dollop of plain yogurt whipped with protein powder

Fear No Deer

Former Member
My stomach is really upset so my lovely wife is going out to get me ice cream for supper, still a kid when it comes to ice cream if any thing it makes me feel better.

Wow that wellington looks delicious. Any leftovers LOL

- - - Updated - - -

tonight had pork cheeks very tasty and cheap . Grilled low and slowish . were very tender tonight .

Top Bottom