Welcome to BIG SHOTS – BC's Friendliest Outdoor Forum.

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

What is everyone eating tonight!

BCROB

Modifier........
just had a chicken Caesar wrap at White spot , salad , fries and a pint of ale.........good for the night now , ok maybe a couple more pints later !! :don't tell anyone:

TheProvider

Need A Life
Long day at work so it was a quick dinner to try and get the kids in bed on time. Which didn't work but we did get to enjoy some yummy home made pan cakes. Breakfast for dinner. Would have been a bit better with sausage but it was far from planned and the sausage were in the freezer.

newhunterette

Proud BC Resident Hunter & Gourmet Goddess
The menfolk got fish tacos tonight... Pan seared filet of sole and golden eye bream with chili infused olive oil, lime & jalepeno creme sauce, tequilla smoked pepper salsa, mexican slaw, fresh guacamole... Warmed flour tortillas

for me: sweet potato and yogurt soup with protein powder.... Oh I eat delicacy

Big Lew

This IS My Life
My wife and I spent the late afternoon at a local neighbourhood pub with some good childhood
school friends that we've not seen for at least 40 years. Time went by so quickly that other
then sharing a platter of varied titbits and a couple of ales, none of us considered or really wanted
supper. Now, at nearly 10 pm, we're home and scrounging for something out of the fridge....looks
like it's going to be sausage and eggs or grilled cheese sandwiches.

Leaseman

I've Been REALLY Bad - I apologize to everyone.
Don't you hate that??!!

We had a couple of the kids over around 4... they wanted crackers and cheese, finger food... a few snacks later and not hungry for supper.......9:30 was so hngry... ended up going to bed instead of eating.....4am comes too early sometimes!!:biggrin-new:

newhunterette

Tonight my hardworking menfolk will be dining on slow roasted fall apart beef roast in a smoked garlic mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes whipped fluffy topped scallions and bacon bits. Spicy grean beans steamed and herbed yellow zucchini rounds....... For lil ole me, I get puree of mushroom soup followed later for a snack no sugar no fat vanilla pudding (thank you for stevia, I can now have herbal sweetner .... No more aspartame crap

Steelwheels

YIAYIA’s Homestead
A rare day around here... We're both home.. I see tenderloins and prawns on the counter with asparagus..
Looks like Greek salad in the icebox..:Oh Yeah!:

I gues I'll have to choose a spirit for us..??

newhunterette

So guys loved tonights supper.... Unfortunately my stomach didnt like what it was fed... Apparently not a fan of puree'd foods yet so back to fluids......... Freakin hurt..... Dag nabbit to heck

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./CERTIFIED GOOSE PIG 2016..... Cedar BC
Following up on an order from my lovely wife I went and paid "Her Meat Man" a visit and we are having thick cot pork chops in homemade mushroom sauce over egg noodles MMMMMMM :Oh Yeah!:

Bow Walker

TROUBLE SHOOTER.
Hang in there Alison - it will get better. It might take a bit of time, but it will get better. :Oh Yeah!:

We, too, had thick cut pork chops. Except mine had been marinating in a teriyaki sauce for a couple of days. Steamed veggies to take up that small corner left on the plate, and I'm fed up - if you get my meaning....:rolleyes:

newhunterette

I am trying, Dan :-)

so for tonight I have supper already planned for the menfolk..... Yesterday while prepping supper... I came up with a new idea for a meat rub/seasoning... I am always playing with my herbs and spices... I came up with a greek style blend which will be great for lamb/chicken/beef or of course game meats. I have rubbed up a nice thick 4" cut prime rib steak overnight which will hit the grill for todays supper. Along with greek salad, lemon potatoes, dolmades, stuffed zucchini, mediterranean bell peppers

for me: not too sure... I think it's a play it by ear (or stomach) day ... Hoping to tollerate some soup broth with protein powder

Leaseman

Tonight iwill take my sweet bride out for a drive and see where we end up for supper...... might even be at home! :kewl: :Oh Yeah!:

Fear No Deer

Former Member
I am trying, Dan :-)

so for tonight I have supper already planned for the menfolk..... Yesterday while prepping supper... I came up with a new idea for a meat rub/seasoning... I am always playing with my herbs and spices... I came up with a greek style blend which will be great for lamb/chicken/beef or of course game meats. I have rubbed up a nice thick 4" cut prime rib steak overnight which will hit the grill for todays supper. Along with greek salad, lemon potatoes, dolmades, stuffed zucchini, mediterranean bell peppers

for me: not too sure... I think it's a play it by ear (or stomach) day ... Hoping to tollerate some soup broth with protein powder
Ali I really feel for you, cooking all those great dishes and not being able to have any, if I were you i would be serving them sardines on toast with some mayo and onions LOL I actually like it myself.

Leaseman

Newly weds LOL the honeymoon is over Mike tell the truth it's a drive through the drive through at Rotten Ronnie's :popcorn:
We have been together for 6 years, one month and just shy of 5 days.....:don't tell anyone:..... honeymoon is still in full swing my friend!:kewl:

No rotten ronnies for us, if I am heading on a day trip, then might hit a drive thru......: :

Steelwheels

YIAYIA’s Homestead
Tonight iwill take my sweet bride out for a drive and see where we end up for supper...... might even be at home! :kewl: :Oh Yeah!:
Mike .. Do me a favour and swing by Ali's .. Sneak in and kidnap Peter around dinner time.. :don't tell anyone:
I'll put on my Plumbers Uniform and take his place at the Table.. :don't tell anyone:
Got to Love Lemon Potatoes...:Heh, heh, heh:

Leaseman

Mike .. Do me a favour and swing by Ali's .. Sneak in and kidnap Peter around dinner time.. :don't tell anyone:
I'll put on my Plumbers Uniform and take his place at the Table.. :don't tell anyone:
Got to Love Lemon Potatoes...:Heh, heh, heh:
Better yet, ask Alison for an invite......

It would be one of a handful of memorable nights in the past while for you! Will Alison's banter (never mind the cooking!small wink) and Peter and his tales, you WILL be in for a fun night!!

Steelwheels

YIAYIA’s Homestead
Better yet, ask Alison for an invite......

It would be one of a handful of memorable nights in the past while for you! Will Alison's banter (never mind the cooking!small wink) and Peter and his tales, you WILL be in for a fun night!!
I bet there's a very long list of prospective diners hoping for reservations in front of me..:Doh!:

Come on Buddy.. Help a guy out here..:wink:

philcott

Mucho Gusto
Had some ground moose fried up with onions and Anaheim peppers both fresh picked from my garden along with roasted root veggies (also fresh picked). The veggiee were onion, carrots, beets, onion tops and both red russet and yukon gold potatoes all cubed up coated with olive oil and tossed with a mixture of tasty spices. This was baked a 350 for 1/2 hour and yum, yum.

newhunterette

grr I was having technical difficulties with my wireless so couldnt upload the rest of my pictures but got them now so sorry....... here we go

here is tonight's prime rib cut steak all ready for the grill

greek salad is ready to go

and before I could get a picture of the platter, the men were diggin in.......this is Peter's first plate

By the time all was said and done, I have to men with happy tummies and Braydon excited he has just enough leftover for his lunch tomorrow..........

newhunterette

I bet there's a very long list of prospective diners hoping for reservations in front of me..:Doh!:

Come on Buddy.. Help a guy out here..:wink:
we have an open door, open invite policy..... if you show up near supper time, you get fed....always a chance we have extra and if not, something is easy to add

Wow. Like wow ok
that is a 30$ plate!
aww thank you ;)

I find it therapeutic to prep, prepare, cook, and serve a dinner.

I am positive that Alison finds solace in cooking. :Oh Yeah!:
you bet Dan, when you not able to do much else and need to feel like you have accomplished something....... cooking has always been something that I have loved to do..... I am very happy in the kitchen (just wish at times my kitchen was bigger) but I am happy when I am creating something scrumptious

Now do I here $40.....:popcorn:
is there an auction............. lol

Fear No Deer

Former Member
I was lucky enough to get an invite from my Mother tonight, my aunt from PG is in town and was it good, roast pork,potato's, gravy, homemade cream corn, carrots, cooked beets, endive salad, home made apple sauce, and for desert, dutch cookies, blueberries and cherries, good I love Moms.

newhunterette

I was lucky enough to get an invite from my Mother tonight, my aunt from PG is in town and was it good, roast pork,potato's, gravy, homemade cream corn, carrots, cooked beets, endive salad, home made apple sauce, and for desert, dutch cookies, blueberries and cherries, good I love Moms.
ya Moms are great............ wait a minute..... when I see my mom, I still do the cooking...... lol but she still great anyway ..... have a great visit with your Aunty, Chris

Big Lew

This IS My Life
I love venison hamburger. My wife made a wonderful meal with a mixture of venison hamburger
cooked in creamed mushroom soup and added finely chopped carrots, green beans, tomatoes,
onions, peas, new potatoes (all of them out of our garden) celery, and a bunch of spices.
We had a salad from our garden as well with lettuce, beets, onions, radish, cucumber, raspberries,
and blueberries. We both ate too much so had to skip our desert of fruit salad topped with ice cream,
leaving it for late this evening. No wonder I've gained back the weight I had lost earlier this year, lol!

newhunterette

Woooo so havin a bit of a rough one this week... Decided today I would just cook up the meals for the rest of the week in case I don't have the energy, somethin just kickin my butt the last couple days... Doc said it would happen once in awhile....

made up a huge batch of boneless/skinless teryaki chicken thighs, a grain medley of brown rice/quinoa/lentals/barley brown butter risotto, quick stirfry vegies for the menfolk supper tonight

tomorrow they get frikideller (danish pork meatball), red cabbage, garlic mashed potatoes, smoked onion gravy, green beans

friday is italian sausage and gnocci, ceasar salad, garlic bread

plus I have 2 pork shoulders in the smoker driving the neighbours bonkers.... Lol lol

Ive been busy today...... Not too shabby for someone who feels like death......
I just figured at least if I have the bulk of everything done, all the guys have to do is heat and eat.....

moosen gram

Resident Hunter
You should be slowing down a bit Ali, you don't need any complications :Hi:

Tonight we are having a Scottish dish called mince, it's ground moose browned with onions then water added just to cover, after about 30 minutes of simmering add chopped carrots, cook for another few minutes then thickened with bisto and then poured over mashed potatoes.

newhunterette

You should be slowing down a bit Ali, you don't need any complications :Hi:

Tonight we are having a Scottish dish called mince, it's ground moose browned with onions then water added just to cover, after about 30 minutes of simmering add chopped carrots, cook for another few minutes then thickened with bisto and then poured over mashed potatoes.
I am taking it easy the rest of the week now MG..... Your Scottish Mince sounds delish......

Top Bottom