Welcome to BIG SHOTS – BC's Friendliest Outdoor Forum.

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Time to make some jerky

Bow Walker

TROUBLE SHOOTER.
In the past I have found Stuffer products to be a tad on the salty side of things. If you are OK with that then everything is good, but it salt is an issue to your diet, you may want to limit the salt ion the rest of the recipe(s) instructions.

Thread starter #3

moosen gram

Resident Hunter
In the past I have found Stuffer products to be a tad on the salty side of things. If you are OK with that then everything is good, but it salt is an issue to your diet, you may want to limit the salt ion the rest of the recipe(s) instructions.
BB likes salt, me, not so much, so we will have to wait and see how it turns out!

Fear No Deer

Former Member
My wife likes the Cabela's Peppered Jerky the best and have to admit so do I, looking forward to the results Mom and if I keep wishing and praying maybe just maybe one day I will get to try some of your jerky and sausages, but I did get some of Ali's cooking this year so that's one more off my bucket list.

philcott

Mucho Gusto
I'm gonna have to get some wire rack like you have and give that system a try. Do you roll it out to about 1/4 inch thick?

Thanks for posting and giving me ideas to try.

All my jerky has been with strips of meat.

philcott

Mucho Gusto
MoosenG,

Two questions.

You said you did this batch in the dehydrator. Does that mean you did not smoke the jerky or did you move it to the dehydrator after smoking?

Where did Big Bully get the mesh wire you made the jerky on?

Leaseman

I've Been REALLY Bad - I apologize to everyone.
I am not MG, but all my jerky is done in a dehydrator Phil....easy to control and done in the kitchen so easy to check on it.....

Thread starter #43

moosen gram

Resident Hunter
MoosenG,

Two questions.

You said you did this batch in the dehydrator. Does that mean you did not smoke the jerky or did you move it to the dehydrator after smoking?

Where did Big Bully get the mesh wire you made the jerky on?
Normally we do the jerky in the smoker but we thought we would try the dehydrator this time, we spritzed the meat with liquid smoke.
We bought the mesh at a farm store in Mount Vernon but bb says you can buy it at Home Hardware, just make sure it's a fairly fine mesh and burn it off before you use it.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Top Bottom