Welcome to BIG SHOTS – BC's Friendliest Outdoor Forum.

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Southern B.C. tour

Thread starter #1

Finaddict

Long-Time Member
Well, we are back form our Southern B.C. tour and while we had a great time, I will never travel in the interior of B.C. in August for sight-seeing again. We started off by closing the deal on out house in Port Moody, packing up our camper and depositing the cheque. From what i gather over the past month, we were very lucky to sell our house before the market turned down.

Our first stop was some friends in Merritt and some kayaking in Nicola Lake

merrit 1.jpg

Merrit 2.jpg

A friend of ours was able to convince her old timer to go for a ride.....

merritt 3.jpg

Next stop was Lac La Hache and the morning after we got there the smoke really started to roll in;

Lac la Hache 4.jpg

Lac la Hache 1.jpg

We enjoyed meeting with more friends and then decided to meet up with a couple old buddies who I hadn't seen in over 25 years. One of them is building a place up near Likely on Quesnel Lake. Gorgeous country but the smoke was ever present.......

Likely 5.jpg

Likely 3.jpg

likely 2.jpg

From there we decided we would take the backroad from Likely into Barkerville. Good road for most of the trail and some beautiful scenery that we were able to see and we guessed a whole lot we couldn't see.....

Uppe rfalls 1.jpg

lake 3.jpg

These were some of the last days of sun we would have for about a week. Follow up thread coming;.......

Last edited:

gunseller

Great pictures. Time spent with friends is well worth the trip. We have not seen a lot if sun for the last 10 days to 2 weeks. Lot of rain. As we are getting more as I type.
Steve

Top Bottom