Welcome to BIG SHOTS – BC's Friendliest Outdoor Forum.

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Southern B.C. Tour part Deux

Thread starter #1

Finaddict

Long-Time Member
Additional photos of the back road from Likely to Barkerville. This was some of the prettiest country we saw (and didn't see) and we will certainly be going back in the future. Even though the road was pretty good, my shocks were shot and the lateral bouncing eventually had its way with my rear tie down and broke the rotten back of the bed....

The damage.jpg

We went into Barkerville and stayed at the campsite which was only about 1/3 full.

Barkerville campsite.jpg
Next day we limped the wounded camper into Quesnel, bought a piece of 1 inch plywood and cut it to size at a campsite (with power) in Prince George

Temproary fix 1.jpg

The fix worked....sort of, but it would need to be babied for the rest of the trip

Temp fix 2.jpg

From there we decided to travel down the Rocky mountain trench to McBride. The entire drive was in smoke with a max visibility of about 1000 meters and most of the time less than that.

Rear guard falls was nice to see though;

rear guard 4.jpg

The kayaker in the centre of this pic really shows the size of the falls;

rear guard 5.jpg

rearguard 3.jpg

Then it was on to Jasper. Not really fans of National parks and the throngs of tourists they attract, but we persevered and got through Jasper and Lake Louise to see some of the sights.....sort of......

Jasper smoke 1.jpg
Athabaska Falls
athabaska 1.jpg

athabaska 2.jpg

Part Trois to follow, but unfortunately I have to go pick up a friend at the ferry terminal. A fine day of fishing awaits us tomorrow, so part Trois will have to wait. ......

Cheers

Fin.

Last edited:

gunseller

I love pictures of the outdoors in ruff country. Only thing better is being there in person. Great pictures and story. Hope fishing is good.
Steve

Top Bottom