Welcome to BIG SHOTS – BC's Friendliest Outdoor Forum.

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Smoked Rainbow Trout..........

S

Sarg

i can wait to see the end resolt :) u may need to share your recipe with me, i plan on smoking the trout we caught this weekend,

Thread starter #6

newhunterette

Proud BC Resident Hunter & Gourmet Goddess
i can wait to see the end resolt :) u may need to share your recipe with me, i plan on smoking the trout we caught this weekend,
What's in your brine, Ali? Looks like maybe brown sugar?
Brown sugar, coarse salt, soya sauce, 100% maple syrup, smidge of cognac (hennesey), some crushed garlic and onion, water..... Brined 12 hours.... Rinse off....Will leave to tack up overnight.... Smoke in morning.... Drive neighbours crazy.... Lol

Thread starter #16

newhunterette

I suppose once they are smoked a person could vacuum seal and ship via Canada post?? :-)
I don't see why she couldn't :) I think I'm close enough that I could just pick up :) I'll let u know how it is CS :)
Y'all crack me up.... Want my address... Lol

Finished

Last edited:
Thread starter #21

newhunterette

Omgosh I had to get this batch into the foodsaver packs before the vultures got it all.... But ohhhh it's like candy..... I think I like smoked trout more than salmon.... Ok I admit It, I have a bradley smoker addiction

Fear No Deer

Sausage King
Somewhere Hiding From Those Wascally Geese
I don't think it turned out good at all, but being the nice fellow I am I am willing but only for you to come out and dispose of it for you as well as anything else I determine is bad in your fridge. If you like you can watch the consumption I mean disposable or I can take it to my place and dispose of it there.

Thread starter #28

newhunterette

That looks so good that I bet BSBC members would donate to the site for a vacuum-packed free sample ............
Kind of a shame it's a 'grey' area.
????????????? What, I'm a little confused today about the "grey" area but going taste wise on the trout...Peter did say to me it is the best batch I've ever done....

I think I have perfected my trout brine :-)

Thread starter #29

newhunterette

I don't think it turned out good at all, but being the nice fellow I am I am willing but only for you to come out and dispose of it for you as well as anything else I determine is bad in your fridge. If you like you can watch the consumption I mean disposable or I can take it to my place and dispose of it there.
Lol lol lol would be great to have my very own "left over disposal unit" except not often are there left overs

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Top Bottom