Welcome to BIG SHOTS – BC's Friendliest Outdoor Forum.

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Sammich?

Thread starter #1

CanuckShooter

Wapiti Killer
So what is your favorite sandwich? And the one you just don't think you could stomach??

I get to take sandwiches to work a lot and I kind of like bacon and egg sandwiches and sockeye salmon with big slabs of onion.

Peanut butter and mustard, that is one I've heard of...no thanks.

shuswapbear

Long-Time Member
There isn't much I won't eat but my favorite is what my mom used to make for sunday breaky which was a good old toasted tomato and bacon sandwich. Mmmm mmm mm.

Westerday

CERTIFIED REDNECK
I also like an onion sandwich with a little mayo and salt/pepper....sometimes with cheese or chessewhiz

- - - Updated - - -

There isn't much I won't eat but my favorite is what my mom used to make for sunday breaky which was a good old toasted tomato and bacon sandwich. Mmmm mmm mm.
Oh ya my mom made them too with tomatoes from the garden.......

Leaseman

I've Been REALLY Bad - I apologize to everyone.
Give me a Dagwood any day!! :Oh Yeah!:

Grilled cheese with thin sliced dill on top is excellent too! :kewl:

BLT's is a favorite........

Along with most sandwiches with thin sliced onions.....mayo is my favorite condiment.......: :

Fear No Deer

Former Member
No, home made my friend..... kind of like the "kitchen sink" sandwich!!

Those are the best :Oh Yeah!: I but them from Safeway when I am going out with a few guys for the day like fishing for ten bucks I can't even make them for that and each one will feed a few people, nice when you are in a hurry.

Bow Walker

TROUBLE SHOOTER.
Leftover lasagna sandwiches - cut the lasagna in half (horizontally) to make two sandwiches. Mayo, and fresh ground pepper.

Leftover roasted turkey, bread stuffing, pit of cranberry sauce, mayo and lettuce.

Roast beef, lettuce sliced (longways) dills, mayo one one side and French's mustard on the other.

Toast, butter, and coarse liverwurst. Plain.

Cheddar, onion, fresh ground pepper, and a bit of butter.

Grilled cheese with crispy bacon. Pickles on the side.

Tuna, mayo, touch of curry, chopped onion, all mixed together.

... and many others that escape me at the moment.

Leaseman

I've Been REALLY Bad - I apologize to everyone.
Those are the best :Oh Yeah!: I but them from Safeway when I am going out with a few guys for the day like fishing for ten bucks I can't even make them for that and each one will feed a few people, nice when you are in a hurry.

Sure.....:Doh!:

Now another place to try for sandwhiches!!

My Lady makes the best for day trips out fishing or hunting.....she makes up usually three each and I have yet to see anyone eat all three.....never mind all the cookies, fruit, veggies and dip.........:rolleyes:

philcott

Mucho Gusto
I was just going to say that my favourite sandwiches are the ones Mike's wife makes. Ethan and I couldn't get over just how good they were. Forget the fishing (well, not really, but) just invite me over for a sandwich. Thanks again D. they were wonderful.

Thread starter #21

CanuckShooter

Wapiti Killer
I like the Reuben too....delicious!! That shrimp roll looks very good, I'd gobble up a couple of those.

When I catch those huge char [you've see the pics] I'll take some of the meat, a big chunk 1 1/2 inch thick, and make fish burgers. Those are awesome.

Big Lew

This IS My Life
When I was a young fellow out enjoying the outdoors, either it being hunting, fishing, or hiking,
my favourite sandwich was thick homemade brown bread, plenty of peanut butter, slice of cheese,
thick slice of prem, slice of white onion, and garnished with mustard, mayo, and ketchup. Don't
know if I would try it now though. My favourite now is venison or chicken garnished with mayo
and mustard. A fried egg sandwich comes a close second, especially for breakfast.

ScubaDave

This IS My Life
Just had a BLT grilled cheese. Had a grilled cheese and bacon with fried egg the other day. Basically I love sandwiches and will continue to pursue sandwich greatness HAHAHAHA Also love cucumber sandwiches Mmmmmm Tuna melts, egg salad...Just yum!!!

Bow Walker

TROUBLE SHOOTER.
If you favor a bit of a messy Sammie - how about the Italian Meatball Sub? Washed down with a good Italian beer...

broders-hot-meatball-sandwich.jpg Birra_italiana_1.jpg

But - you can take a ho-hum sandwich and make it really POP if you do this to it....

35949414-panini-sandwich-on-the-grill.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Top Bottom