Welcome to BIG SHOTS – BC's Friendliest Outdoor Forum.

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

PIC OF THE DAY.

Thread starter #1
F

Fear No Deer

Well decided I should just start a pic of the day thread rather than just post one at a time so check here once and a while and see what's new.

Thread starter #14
L

Leaseman

Too much time on your hands Chris!! :Doh!:

But they all put a smile on my face!

Thanks Buddy!!:Oh Yeah!:

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./CERTIFIED GOOSE PIG 2016..... Cedar BC
Puts me to mind of "The Great Christmas Tree Hunt" My buddy Stan and I always went out on the sleds "hunting" Xmas Trees. This one night MANY MANY years ago we were out on the sleds searching for the perfect tree with the obligatory thermos of Liquid Rum Balls. Well after a couple of hours it got dark, we had yet to find a tree so we decided to cut across country and head home. Well we broke out on a hill top and there below was a meadow with the perfect tree standing there. It was a scene from Christmas Vacation.

Down we roar, cut the tree down and as I was strapping the tree to the skimmer Stan hollers race you back and off he goes. I hear a thump and Stan says I hit a rock help me get the sled off it. I walk over and start trying to free the back end when I hear Come here you need to see this. Well I look and he is hung up not on a rock but a headstone, apparently we ad got turned around and the "Meadow" was really the local grave yard. Needles to say we got out of there in one heck of a rush.

Attachments

Big Lew

This IS My Life
Lol! My grandparent's homestead was across the road from 2 cemeteries and a church which
were on a Indigenous Reserve comprising of varied woods.. All 3 were very seldom visited
although the lawns etc were mowed. Bear, deer, grouse and pigeons frequented them....and a
certain armed grandfather and his grandson did as well.:don't tell anyone: :rolleyes:

Walter

Long-Time Member
Puts me to mind of "The Great Christmas Tree Hunt" My buddy Stan and I always went out on the sleds "hunting" Xmas Trees. This one night MANY MANY years ago we were out on the sleds searching for the perfect tree with the obligatory thermos of Liquid Rum Balls. Well after a couple of hours it got dark, we had yet to find a tree so we decided to cut across country and head home. Well we broke out on a hill top and there below was a meadow with the perfect tree standing there. It was a scene from Christmas Vacation.

Down we roar, cut the tree down and as I was strapping the tree to the skimmer Stan hollers race you back and off he goes. I hear a thump and Stan says I hit a rock help me get the sled off it. I walk over and start trying to free the back end when I hear Come here you need to see this. Well I look and he is hung up not on a rock but a headstone, apparently we ad got turned around and the "Meadow" was really the local grave yard. Needles to say we got out of there in one heck of a rush.
Ha ha ha , that gimmee a big belly laugh !!

Big Lew

This IS My Life
That picture reminds me of a special bow....
My grandparents had a small homestead, raising my mother, adjacent to a reserve.
The families living on the reserve and my family were great friends. The Chief spent
a long time making a special yew wood bow with cedar arrows for my mom when she
was a pre-teen. It had carvings along the hand grip area. Unfortunately it was destroyed
along with many heirlooms when the house collapsed into rubble from the weight of excessive
snow. My family had just moved into their new house not far from the original one so no
one was hurt but I imagine that bow would be a real special treasure today if it was still around.

Top Bottom