Welcome to BIG SHOTS – BC's Friendliest Outdoor Forum.

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

More BAD ones !

Big Lew

This IS My Life
I believe this incident is likely to be a very important case to follow.
If the seriously wounded individual was most anyone other than a police officer, I suspect those
committing the crimes would either walk away without meaningful penalties, or would be given
none at all after their criminal lawyers used the various Indigenous loop holes made available by
our legal courts. I strongly believe that anyone considered an adult that commits such crimes be
dealt with in the same manner regardless as to what their background is. Siting that the accused
came from a dysfunctional upbringing and other similar excuses isn't solely an Indigenous problem.
By allowing people to get away with such serious crimes against society, the courts are in essence
stating that if an accused came from less than an ideal upbringing they don't have to be accountable.

Walter

Long-Time Member
Now the Mountie and not too long ago the German tourist........
Forget all the sympathy , pounding on the drums and feabel , insulting excuses ,Shoot em down like the dirty dogs they are. Send a message. Must take a lot of restraint for the arresting cops not to just open up on the bastards.

Big Lew

This IS My Life
If they are proven in court to be guilty, and then are given leniency based on their
"troubled" background and upbringing, it would give the impression that any and
all new immigrants coming from war torn and genocidal atrocities could commit
all manner of crimes with impunity as well.

gunseller

Our system is supposed to be equal to all no matter their back ground or wealth. Sorry ours does not work that way. Who you are and how much money you have makes a big differance at times. I feel guilty is guilty and the sentence should be the same no matter who you are. This discrepiance brought about mandatory sentencing laws.
Steve

Top Bottom