Welcome to BIG SHOTS – BC's Friendliest Outdoor Forum.

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Frankenbradley’s busy day (not ready to retire yet)

Thread starter #1

newhunterette

Proud BC Resident Hunter & Gourmet Goddess
I received a late night visit from the meat fairy on Thursday too which looked like 1/2 a cow was left in my kitchen or a murder scene.

2 boneless top loins became 20+ Strip loin steaks (going to sous vide a couple but that’s for another thread)

3 Fred Flintstone size slabs of beef .... 2 of which went into freezer for a later date and 1 which was cut into 3 and being SMOKED.....

Ginormous beautiful roasts, rubbed and gently placed on racks and placed into Frankenbradley to send drooling flavours over my neighbourhood all day.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

philcott

Mucho Gusto
Ali, a question about the smoker. I've been using mine but with using a digital thermometer I'm only able to get the temp in the smoker up to about 185 degrees. At this temperature it would take too long to get internal temperatures of 160F or so. Do I need to be looking into replacing the heating element in the Bradley? Any other thoughts on what might be limiting my heat? That temp is with both the heating element and the puck smoker element on.

Thread starter #5

newhunterette

My guess would be your element isnt heating to it’s potential or the outside environment is affecting the heat.... Or your digital thermometer is off.... i dont use a digital.... my temp on the bradley stays around 200+- ...... depending what I am going for I use my plain jane thermometer and get a nice temp 145-185.....rare to well........... i have only replace the element once on my frankenbradley

Thread starter #7

newhunterette

Meat fairy appeared again last night so here we go again.... got a picture of my meat cutter... no hacksaw this time... he brought out the big gun.... (yes, it was sterilized)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Top Bottom