Welcome to BIG SHOTS – BC's Friendliest Outdoor Forum.

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Does anyone can their bounty?

Dru

This IS My Life
gotter otter!
Thanks, This was what dad does.... except i dont think we rinsed the fish off..... maybe we did??? but definatly let it stand or a while to "Tack up"
now that im typing this i think we did rinse it off?. Your ratio of salt and sugar was another part i had forgot...

i will most definatly post it....
But what i am going to do is half smoke it and then can it. We have a half of a 20 lb Chinook i will smake all the way........ Aparently when you smoke can fish you only want to smoke it half way or it winds up dry.

Thread starter #56

philcott

Mucho Gusto
We rinse the fish only enough to get any remaining brine off of it.

I've never tried smoking then canning. Will you fully brine it then only half smoke? Let me know how yours turns out.

I can send you a recipe for indian candy that we made up. It turned out great. Got the recipe from Adriaticum on HBC.

Dru

This IS My Life
i dont really know what im doing Phil, I am going to google a bit longer.... all i know is people who smoke can salmon have said to only half smoke it just to get the smoke flavour in to it...

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Top Bottom