Welcome to BIG SHOTS – BC's Friendliest Outdoor Forum.

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Dehydrator

stevo911

Need A Life
Dave, you're a jerk. I ended up picking up a dehydrator off of used vic yesterday because of this thread. (to be fair I had been considering it beforehand for jerky)

Banned #53

Leaseman

I've Been REALLY Bad - I apologize to everyone.
At it again! Have about half a pound of cranberries drying up now. Quite easy to do. Bring a pot of water to boil. Throw in a tablespoon of sugar per 1 cup of berries, throw in berries and boil for 2 minutes, remove with a slotted spoon into a strainer and place on trays. 9 hours from now they are going to be delicious snacks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why add the TBSP of sugar per cup?? Does it do anything outside of a slight sweeten??

Thread starter #54

ScubaDave

This IS My Life
Basically that's all it did lol next time I am going to boil them for the two minutes then transfer them to a pot of cold water with sugar or honey to sweeten them a bit more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

philcott

Mucho Gusto
Why sweeten them. I thought dehydrated cranberries were supposed to make your right eye twitch from the tartness. Tartnesstwitchin' is what it's called.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Top Bottom