Welcome to BIG SHOTS – BC's Friendliest Outdoor Forum.

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

BCWF gives B.C. hunters the middle finger.

Thread starter #1

Fella

Tall as a mountain thin as a pine
I don’t have access to the political forum so I’m posting this here. Dan/Jim you can move or delete if you want but people need to know about this: the BCWF has partnered with Raincoast. Yes the very same organization that shut down the grizz hunt and is working to outlaw hunting. This is a middle finger to all hunters. I don’t know how this can be defended or forgiven.
A3948C47-6C77-41ED-B2FB-DBB8D0A4BEE0.png

CF8889

Long-Time Member
I think this is just one of those situations where both sides are like "yeah, this needs protecting!".

I'm not saying I would want them all to drink beers and become best friends. But I personally wouldn't ignore a cause I felt strongly about, because someone I didn't normally get along with, was on the same side as me. You know?

olympia

Long-Time Member
Look it’s a good cause and all that but there’s something gross about partnering with such a rabidly anti hunting organization.
Not necessarily, at least they have a bit of "say" in what's fought and what's not...maybe they can bend the anti's ear for a moment and talk some sense into them and explain we are not these bloodthirsty mean evil creatures...but yet we are conservationists like themselves but we use a different platform to basically achieve the same goal they are...too care for and maintain the environment and the animals and future generations that we hope will cohabite.

CanuckShooter

Wapiti Killer
Not necessarily, at least they have a bit of "say" in what's fought and what's not...maybe they can bend the anti's ear for a moment and talk some sense into them and explain we are not these bloodthirsty mean evil creatures...but yet we are conservationists like themselves but we use a different platform to basically achieve the same goal they are...too care for and maintain the environment and the animals and future generations that we hope will cohabite.
You can't talk sense to insane rabid leaf lickers...it ain't going to happen ever.

square88

For those that don't know, BCWF is a conservation minded organization, with hunting as a side aspect. It seems some are always attacking them for doing nothing, or doing the wrong thing, or general dissatisfaction. If we all got on board and showed our support they might accomplish something. I think conservation is agood thing no matter how you accomplish it.

Fowl Language

SIR Dale, The Gander Commander CERTIFIED CB PIG
so when you go to buy a car or a home or anything you go to a financial institution to borrow money. beings as the bcwf past administration spent all the bcwf money the bcwf needs a financial partner to buy these 2 islands that are paramount to spawning of salmon or sturgeon, and protect the enviroment....please show me any mention of the closing of hunting and fishing.

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./CERTIFIED GOOSE PIG 2016..... Cedar BC
Dale you of all people know the support I give to the BCWF. BUT I am nervous. Today buy a couple of Islands, tomorrow the Granola Munchers are mobilizing the troops to end hunting and fishing. Does the current exec.(although 1000% better than the last) have the gonads to stand up for the members IF that happens??

olympia

Long-Time Member
so when you go to buy a car or a home or anything you go to a financial institution to borrow money. beings as the bcwf past administration spent all the bcwf money the bcwf needs a financial partner to buy these 2 islands that are paramount to spawning of salmon or sturgeon, and protect the enviroment....please show me any mention of the closing of hunting and fishing.

What did the past bcwf admin spend the money on? Are all the expenditures accounted for or did money just disappear?

olympia

Long-Time Member
Dale you of all people know the support I give to the BCWF. BUT I am nervous. Today buy a couple of Islands, tomorrow the Granola Munchers are mobilizing the troops to end hunting and fishing. Does the current exec.(although 1000% better than the last) have the gonads to stand up for the members IF that happens??
Since you put it that way...I am worried a bit that a politicized group is joining forces with the bcwf although I will say the ends justify the means as far as conservation goes...I just would want the bcwf to slowly be "absorbed" by the anti types, they have lots of money in their war cheats and I feel they are better armed than the bcwf if they wanted to eventually take it all over.

N

NAHMINT

how can we ,as hunters/fishermen(Women) band together for a common good when,to me anyway, we
seem to be so divided on issues within the ranks right here on B.S.B.C.???
Everyone has an opinion on issues....and that's good.....could be whats an acceptable minimum deer cartridge or how much time to ''fry'' coho each side ...... but I just ask folks to mabe think about how big a deal would it be to let some things just slide...... don't bother even replying to a thread that can only lead to BAD KARMA.... just a thought to mull over......hey,i could STILL be married to my first wife.

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::Don't Go There:

Round Boy

Can't keep a beat.
SQ 88 has it right. I have said this before. The BCWF is a great organisation. They have and continue to advance solutions to issue that we all agree have an impact on wildlife. A group of volunteers making a difference.
What's missing so badly is an organisation that would do many of the same things and work in cooperation with the BCWF, but represent Hunters and Fishers. Period. All aspects of hunting and fishing. Not anyting else. Habitat, conservation, better and easier to understand regulations, better cooperation between landowners and hunters,, all the issues important to hunters. Let the BCWF do what they do best. But for gosh sakes I need someone to represent ME!

thexfiles

“The truth is out there. But so are lies.”
What did the past bcwf admin spend the money on? Are all the expenditures accounted for or did money just disappear?
Olympia the short answer is themselves. I was very deeply involved in helping to get rid of Glaicar and his me me lap dogs. I had high hopes for the new administration but their performance has been underwhelming. In my opinion they need to grow a pair and start to stand up for hunters. The Federation may say they are a conservation organization but they need to re-check where their membership dues come from. Hunters probably to the tune of 75-80%. Without resident hunter's support they would be in deep dark trouble

thexfiles

Remington Jim it's pretty straight forward. When you waste money om things like trips to the Shot Show "vacations" to resorts, lodges etc. For a few select Board members you don't do any fund raising it is pretty easy to go throught $400 thousand in a couple of years

olympia

Long-Time Member
Remington Jim it's pretty straight forward. When you waste money om things like trips to the Shot Show "vacations" to resorts, lodges etc. For a few select Board members you don't do any fund raising it is pretty easy to go throught $400 thousand in a couple of years
I might attract some fire for this but, is the BCWF gonna be able to bounce back from all those shenanigans? How informed is the average member to these goings ons?

Foxton Gundogs

Nov I hope they will come back but imo they need to take control of the ship and steer a course to safe harbor and remember where their base lies.

REMINGTON JIM

Rem M700 XCR 11 375 H&H Shooter
Holy Crap ! They spent BCWF money on trips like that ? So how was that justified and to whom ? Besides Jim Glaicar who else was going along on the FREE ride ? RJ

Paleolith

Cro-Magnon Nerd
For those that don't know, BCWF is a conservation minded organization, with hunting as a side aspect. It seems some are always attacking them for doing nothing, or doing the wrong thing, or general dissatisfaction. If we all got on board and showed our support they might accomplish something. I think conservation is agood thing no matter how you accomplish it.
What about spiking trees? Is that kosher because it is all about conservation?

The line needs to be drawn somewhere.

thexfiles

Holy Crap ! They spent BCWF money on trips like that ? So how was that justified and to whom ? Besides Jim Glaicar who else was going along on the FREE ride ? RJ
Remington Jim, Cheryl Johnson was Glaicar's constant companion, make of that what you will, some of the others that were recipients of our money and Glaicar's generosity? Were Brent Froehlic, and some of the other chosen on the executive. Oh and btw, just for interest sake when the books were being gone over by the new bod, they found Glaicar and Johnson were trying to hide there travel expenses by billing them out to Al Martin and Jesse Zeeman's expense accounts.

my views on B.C.W.F ????? :Lips Are Sealed: I created enough of a CHIT -STORM ,just mentioning Someone here had gotten 700 likes ! :Doh!::Don't Go There::Really Mad::What?:so I think i'll not:trouble_maker:.......:harumph: my useless post:ROFL:

Last edited:
Paul - I know that you are not linking tree spikers to the BCWF but it could easily bee seen that way.

Tree spiking is an activity of sad, misguided, and deplorable individuals. If caught - they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

olympia

Long-Time Member
Paul - I know that you are not linking tree spikers to the BCWF but it could easily bee seen that way.

Tree spiking is an activity of sad, misguided, and deplorable individuals. If caught - they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
I used to work in a sawmill, I take tree spiking very serious. Several times we found spiked logs, lucky we had metal detectors on the equipment. I was the first aid attendant, wouldn't be fun being in the mill with 150 guys after a 15ft saw blade nailed a spike at 15,000 rpm.

Foxton Gundogs

OK so after reading the post in question, I see it as just another way of saying "Rabid leaf lickers" and "Granola Munchers"(which were also used) it was aimed at Rain Coast NOT the Fed. I am pretty sure that while disagreeing with the decision to team with an anti hunting group Pal was not suggesting the BCWF spikes trees. Sometimes things get taken out of context on the net. I personally know this last statement is true.

REMINGTON JIM

Rem M700 XCR 11 375 H&H Shooter
Remington Jim, Cheryl Johnson was Glaicar's constant companion, make of that what you will, some of the others that were recipients of our money and Glaicar's generosity? Were Brent Froehlic, and some of the other chosen on the executive. Oh and btw, just for interest sake when the books were being gone over by the new bod, they found Glaicar and Johnson were trying to hide there travel expenses by billing them out to Al Martin and Jesse Zeeman's expense accounts.
So they ALL used BCWF monies to pay for NON BCWF events ? and who are those 2 ? Al & Jesse ? what were they or are they to the BCWF ? Thank you for info - its ALL Very Interesting !
RJ

Piperdown

Called BCWF and asked about it, said it was only to do with the fraser river. I told them that i have tried repeatedly to get any answer from RC and nothing, i asked about the seals and the smolt issue, again nothing. I have not renewed my membership at BCWF for 3 years and told them my money will not be spent on them as long as they are in bed with RC. They want to protect the fraser runs get the nets out of the river and cull the seals at the mouth of the river, win win situation

Buck Naked

How many $$K of missing funds? Sounds like theft to me. and or fraud. when is the court date?

KH4

Called BCWF and asked about it, said it was only to do with the fraser river. I told them that i have tried repeatedly to get any answer from RC and nothing, i asked about the seals and the smolt issue, again nothing. I have not renewed my membership at BCWF for 3 years and told them my money will not be spent on them as long as they are in bed with RC. They want to protect the fraser runs get the nets out of the river and cull the seals at the mouth of the river, win win situation
Playing devil's advocate here, if you haven't supported BCWF in 3 years, why is it any of your concern what projects they are working on?

The project is to protect a sensitive habitat on the Fraser. Not sure why this is a bad thing. If BCWF is supposed to stay away from any conservation organizations that have anti-hunting sentiments they will standing among only a few and using a lot of $$ to get things done. If BCWF is protecting some habitat and using some of the "enemy's" money to do so, isn't that a good thing?

This is like the Cons rejecting a bill that is good for all Canadians just because it's a Liberal bill.

For those that don't want any association with any conservation groups with anti-hunting sentiments, then I highly encourage those to check out the donor and supporter lists for those organizations, they might have to change who they bank with and where they shop, or heck, maybe even quit their job!

Piperdown

Playing devil's advocate here, if you haven't supported BCWF in 3 years, why is it any of your concern what projects they are working on?

The project is to protect a sensitive habitat on the Fraser. Not sure why this is a bad thing. If BCWF is supposed to stay away from any conservation organizations that have anti-hunting sentiments they will standing among only a few and using a lot of $$ to get things done. If BCWF is protecting some habitat and using some of the "enemy's" money to do so, isn't that a good thing?

This is like the Cons rejecting a bill that is good for all Canadians just because it's a Liberal bill.

For those that don't want any association with any conservation groups with anti-hunting sentiments, then I highly encourage those to check out the donor and supporter lists for those organizations, they might have to change who they bank with and where they shop, or heck, maybe even quit their job!
Seriously, give your head a shake and maybe see who is behind shutting down the whole west coast to spring salmon fishing, no way i support anything they do, as for where i shop or bank already done that years ago and none of those businesses get any of my business.

Top Bottom