Welcome to BIG SHOTS – BC's Friendliest Outdoor Forum.

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Ary 215 chamber vacuum sealer

Thread starter #1

Srupp

Anyone own or use the Ary 215 chamber vacuum sealer?
bags are 10x cheaper than the external bag sealers.
and for $100..you can get 1000 5ml bags for sealing up fish ...or big game..this will allow food in freezer to last 5x as long with no freezer burn...fresh..
srupp

Bow Walker

TROUBLE SHOOTER.
I use a sealer, but not the one you mentioned. Sealers do extend the freezer life of any product by at least 3 times. That means that an elk steak will last almost a year in the freezer.

Great investment for anyone who wants to fill the freezer with meat, veggies, fruit, or anything edible!! :Oh Yeah!:

Slinky Pickle

I've used a sealer for years but had not seen that one. That's a pretty slick way of doing it.

I'll admit that people look at me a bit sideways when I take my sealed bag of pepperoni out of the freezer and toss it the in the hot tub to "speed thaw" it. 5 minutes and you're into nice, non-nuked critter meat. :)

B

beartooth

I have a Weston Pro 2300 that we got 2 years ago and absolutly love it. Wanted to vacuum seal our food and tried a cheap sealer and was very disappointed as it underperformed and broke down. Sleuthed a little on-line and came up with the 2300 and was not disappointed. Worth the cost. Will suck the paint off your car. Trick is to find bags that are inexpensive. Bags in the states are 1/2 the price to ones in Canada but if you order from the states you wind up paying shipping, taxes and duty, exchange rate and it turns out to be not worth it.

Thread starter #5

Srupp

Hmm my new Airy sealer will be here in 5 days..
chamber sealer meat goes in bag , bag goes in chambrr..40 seconds double sealed 99.9%air gone..4ml heavy bag..food lasts easily 5x longer..fast..friendly...foolproof..final.
cheers
steven

ultramafic

Sea to Sky Country ( closer to the sky end )
I used to work at a grocery store and was very jealous of the sealer they had in the Deli section where it was of similar concept however it was huge and could do multiple bags down both sides of the unit at one time. Easily could have done an entire large chinook split into two fillets..

Looked this one up.. appears to be worth a few shiny coins.. very nice

Mike

Thread starter #7

Srupp

Hmmm thanks Mike this place sure is different...posted same on another forum....everybodies 99 dollar units were much better than wasting $$ on this unit.i think the value is there time, effort quality.
thanks sgain
steven

Bow Walker

TROUBLE SHOOTER.
Thanks for noticing the difference here Steven.

While the $99 one work - you generally get what you pay for. I suspect that the bags are heavier and the vacuum is tighter and the seal is better on yours than my $170 Food-Saver machine from London Drugs...:Oh Yeah!:

goatdancer

Hmmm thanks Mike this place sure is different...posted same on another forum....everybodies 99 dollar units were much better than wasting $$ on this unit.i think the value is there time, effort quality.
thanks sgain
steven
Probably the same guys who think spending $65,000+ for a pickup is perfectly acceptable. You'll find a lot of " this is what I have and it's the greatest " attitude quite often. Just got to ignore it.

K

Kudu1

Hmm chamber sealer arrived..heavy duty..will hopefully get to try it out next week on a moose.
cheers
steven

Hey Steven - good to see you over here - been looking for a decent unit for a while - looks like I may have found it (thanks) - post a couple of pics of the end product when you get a chance please :good on ya:

cheers
Mike

Thread starter #12

Srupp

Hmmm unit works awesome..40 seconds or so per each 4ml bag thickness..double sealed should last well..
will do a write up ...with photos
steven

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Top Bottom