Welcome to BIG SHOTS – BC's Friendliest Outdoor Forum.

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

All American Pressure Canner 925

Thread starter #1
Picked one of these up used from an ad in the paper. No manual but got one on line. Problem is the on line manual shows 2 guages on the lid. Mine has one guage and then an upright piece with an "arm" on the top which you can move up or down. Anyone know how to use this or aware of a source for the manual. Easy to find the 925 but not with this difference.

I have the next size down of the same pressure cooker (921), and somewhere in The Madness of our latest move lurks an original manual...

Fire any questions you may have and I'll likely know the answer from simply using it so much. Most Excellent pressure cooker you collected!! :Oh Yeah!:

The gauge use is obvious. The little "arm" you noted is for venting the cooker, and releasing pressure. To use, you have the arm in the UP position which allows steam to escape. Once solid steam is venting (no air!) you drop it to the DOWN position to build up the pressure and start your cook. Most recipes you simply allow the pressure to fall on it's own when done. But I always run the arm UP when the gauge nears zero just to ensure there is no more internal pressure.

Cheers,
Nog

Thread starter #4
Thanks Nog... I think you are right. I did get an email from All American. They did not tell me what the post and arm were but instead recommended replacing them for Model 925 with part 68 and 69 which were the rocker weight and the vent pipe which the weight sits on.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Top Bottom