Welcome to BIG SHOTS – BC's Friendliest Outdoor Forum.

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

A bit of a call to action

Thread starter #1
Conservative Shadow Minister for Public Safety issues statement on handgun ban legislation

July 30, 2018
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Ottawa, ONOttawa, ON – Conservative Shadow Minister for Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness, Pierre Paul-Hus, issued the following statement in response to the Liberal’s potential handgun ban legislation:

“We will wait to see the details of any handgun ban, if and when the Liberals propose it, but Conservatives support measures that target thugs and criminals, not taking away property from law abiding sport shooters.

“As the Liberals themselves have suggested, a handgun ban would be a complex legal endeavour and even their own MPs have doubts that such a move would work.

“We know that whenever the Liberals attempt to curb crime with new gun laws, they always end up targeting law-abiding firearms owners instead of gang members and other criminals who use guns to commit violence. We saw this with the recent Bill C-75, which also reduced gang crime punishment to a fine.

“It’s lazy government to ask all Canadians to follow new laws, while the real work is in targeting and going after criminals. That means strengthening penalties for gun crime and keeping known gang members behind bars, two areas where the Liberals have failed.”

-30-

For more information:

Office of Pierre Paul-Hus
Pierre.Paul-Hus@parl.gc.ca
613-995-8857

https://mailchi.mp/conservative/statement-dclaration-955a44wkyj?e=5d895821f6

KH4

I see this as a potential 2019 election issue. Another cheap vote buy by Liberals for Liberals. Legalization has run it's course, time for something new...

N

NAHMINT

liberals have ALWAYS wanted our firearms,ALL our guns.......I know this to be a fact as my grandfather told me so,over 60 years ago when I got my single shot COOEY, .
nothing WHATSOEVER to do with gangs or criminals.......just the LIBERAL MIND SET....

Trinity

I see this as a potential 2019 election issue. Another cheap vote buy by Liberals for Liberals. Legalization has run it's course, time for something new...
Mentally ill the lieberals may be, but they learn and learning has taught them caution when dealing with Canadian firearms owners, despite what they might want to do with private firearm ownership in Canada. I'd be leaning on them "not" wanting to make it an election issue........last time it was, it cost them. Watching Trudeau discussing it, you could see he was picking his words very carefully. Cons can afford to sit and give Trudeau all the rope he needs to hang himself trying to push his agenda. We all know the firearms community will back the party supporting us, this fact isn't lost on any of the parties.

Last edited by a moderator:

olympia

Long-Time Member
Technically handguns are banned from cities because you can't have it out with you unless out heading to the range and back...what a load of shyt. How can you ban something that is pretty much banned anyway? They gotta be stored under more stringent controls than a non restricted. Haha too funny.

Trinity

Neither, it’s not worth chit and probably cheap paper.... rougher than hell!!
Oh contraire my friend..... they will answer it, they have to, its part of the job of the hired help. l've received a few replies from the feds over the years and wondered just how much of my tax money went into creating the official looking response. Confession time............years ago l applied and received a pardon for all my sins done in my wilder youth. The script type paper l received made my college diploma look like it was written on toilet paper. Almost made me want to use it in a job resume it looked that official. So, unless things have changed over the years, there should be a response with officialdom all over it, but very very light in actual content and it won't address your concerns.......

gunseller

Oh contraire my friend..... they will answer it, they have to, its part of the job of the hired help. l've received a few replies from the feds over the years and wondered just how much of my tax money went into creating the official looking response. Confession time............years ago l applied and received a pardon for all my sins done in my wilder youth. The script type paper l received made my college diploma look like it was written on toilet paper. Almost made me want to use it in a job resume it looked that official. So, unless things have changed over the years, there should be a response with officialdom all over it, but very very light in actual content and it won't address your concerns.......
Just remember I am in the USA not Canada.
Steve

Foxton Gundogs

Admin./CERTIFIED GOOSE PIG 2016..... Cedar BC
***** VERY IMPORTANT ANOUNCEMENT*****

BSBC.ca has taken the incentive to stand up for "your/our" firearms rights. This is unprecedented(to our knowledge) action to email each and every one of our registered member and include the original letter to be sent to the Liberal PM and his cabinet asking all to sign and send copies to the Parliament in Ottawa. The time to be proactive is now whether you are a hunter, collector, competitive target or recreational shooter we must all stand up and stand together on this assault of our legal rights as legitimate firearm owners. Tell the Government we are not criminals we are voters and will be watching the government's efforts to strip us of our legal rights.

If you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem.

PLEASE CHECK YOUR EMAILS AND STAND UP AND BE Counted.

Cedar Cowgirl

Received and sent.
Thanks to Dan and the staff for taking this stand for all legal firearm owners. Your proactive action is refreshing to see. Keep fighting for your people and all Canadians.

pgpapa

older but not any wiser
Well I just bought a handgun today a ruger mk 11. been looking for a older one with out all the new crap. went full circle started with a ruger the went to a sako 3 gun set 22 short ,22 long and 32 long. should have it in a few days
Larry

olympia

Long-Time Member
Well I just bought a handgun today a ruger mk 11. been looking for a older one with out all the new crap. went full circle started with a ruger the went to a sako 3 gun set 22 short ,22 long and 32 long. should have it in a few days
Larry
Those are nice guns, I want one myself with a bull barrel and would absolutely love to see one in 22 magnum. I wish they had more handguns available in Canada chambered in 22 mag.

pgpapa

older but not any wiser
Ive had a s&w model 41, sako 3 gun set, a german air pistil that lost me 3 grand back in the early 80s,a 50 metre free pistol.still have s&w mod 14-3 , CZ 75 9mm , spring field 45, and a S&W mod 629-6 44 mag and a ruger mk11 in a few days . i am going to start back in the local range again
Larry
ps a revolver in 22 mag would be ok, semi auto not so much for me

Top Bottom