Welcome to BIG SHOTS – BC's Friendliest Outdoor Forum.

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in
  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Home Page for Badlands Knifeworks and Cypress County Calls

Yay... Collected brownie points from the in-laws today

Thread starter #1

newhunterette

Proud BC Resident Hunter & Gourmet Goddess
The other day while I was prepping salmon for the smoker I decided to keep four filets out to make LOX which is quite popular in the Scandanavian countries. Peter, being Danish (born there) his family loves LOX as it is a big part of the Danish smorgesbord of open face sandwiches......

well today after curing for 3 days, my LOX is ready and it is beautiful.... I was given the Danish taste test approval

yay brownie points moving up the in-law good book ladder another rung.....

my LOX ... or as some call it Gravalox.... Served on a bagel with cream cheese to many but the scananavian way is on rye bread with a slice of onion (red) some dill, roumolade and capers......

Thread starter #6

newhunterette

Proud BC Resident Hunter & Gourmet Goddess
thanks so much, I was actually so surprised how very simple it was to make......... way less work than smoking salmon lol lol

right now I am really experimenting and trying new things cause I am getting so bored ......

looking at gastronomy and food now

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Howard Carter Lease Ltd