Welcome to BIG SHOTS – BC's Friendliest Outdoor Forum.

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

What is your signature dish or meal?

Andreas Pizza or Hons Takeout
That's about all I'm trusted with..:Doh!:

Fried Porkchops was a hit once but for me they didn't match my fathers.. Need more practice..:HUH?:

Mark

Pork ribs :Here's To Ya:

May not be the best in BC but they are the best in this family. I think the secret is really just timing it right...they cook for around 5 hours....oh and the dry rub, shes the real secret.

shuswapbear

Long-Time Member
Fried pork loin chops smothered in mushroom soup gravy, mashed potatoes and green beans. Or my cheater stroganoff: 1lb(maybe more) ground beef, 2 box mac and cheese, a cup or so of sour cream, an onion and green pepper diced and some chopped mushrooms, and two cans mushroom soup and whorchester sauce. Powder from mac and cheese is last to enter pot acts as a binder to thicken sauce.

newhunterette

Proud BC Resident Hunter & Gourmet Goddess
Ummmmmmmm ya okay.... Hello my name is Alison and my book is called Culinary Secrets from the Cabin.......

yes, I do brag somewhat but I am also humbled by some of the amazing recipes and photos that have been shared with me that also went into that book.....

but if I have to pick something for the sake of the thread..... Rack of Lamb is my signature dish.... Peter loves it and has it at every Greek restaurant, mediterranean restaurant or any place he can but has found none to compare to mine..... Except one and the Chef was chef to the Swiss Royal family so if I came close to his lamb.... I am good with that

Last edited:

Finaddict

Appetizer - Scallops and bacon that I have personally dived for (scallops that is), main course: Fresh barbecued Sockeye salmon in a garlic dill sauce, Caesar salad, Garlic bread and baked potato with all the fixins'

BCROB

Modifier........
Schnitzel , pork , elk , moose , love 'em all equally and scallop potatoes , slightly burnt ,
oh yaaaaaaaaaaa and a fine glass of red
and a slab of home made pecan pie and whip creme , what the hell eh !!!

newhunterette

Proud BC Resident Hunter & Gourmet Goddess
Baked beans can't go to hunting camp without a big batch
I think of baked beans and the movie Blazing Saddles comes to mind.... so I actually made a recipe for baked beans and called it Blazing Saddle Baked Beans...... would love to try yours..... as you said no hunting camp without baked beans......glad I get my own tent when I am camp cook...... all those gastral farticle men in the other tent after camp beans

stevo911

Need A Life
My parents are both quite good cooks, so there are a lot of things that I can't make quite as well as them.

-My dad doesn't use recipes at all (except for sausages), and can never remember what he put in them after the fact, so it's tough to make the same dish again, but they always turn out well (he does italian and chinese).

-My mom has the recipes written out quite nicely, but if you follow the recipe you've done it completely wrong (none of her modifications are written down, but she assumes you know them, or that they're common sense :hopelessness:)

That being said they can't come close to my Mexican and Mediterranean type stuff. The one that comes to mind is my spanish rice; they've tried doing dozens of time and it never tastes even remotely similar.

Last edited:
My wife often asks for my ethiopian dishes, substituting deer or bear in for goat usually, I can make a mean "wat" (stew) making my own berbere (an ethiopian spice blend) and nitter kibbeh (infused and clarified butter) and injera (sourdough flatbread with the grain teff). i'll cook any style, i love making southern barbecue and mexican barbacoa, punjabi stews and naan, canadian and acadian meat pies, thai noodle dishes; not a lot of great (at least not a lot of variety) restaurants here in port, so i just make it all. my wife mostly cooks egg in the hole and desserts.

jenn7210

300 MAGNUM
My wife often asks for my ethiopian dishes, substituting deer or bear in for goat usually, I can make a mean "wat" (stew) making my own berbere (an ethiopian spice blend) and nitter kibbeh (infused and clarified butter) and injera (sourdough flatbread with the grain teff). i'll cook any style, i love making southern barbecue and mexican barbacoa, punjabi stews and naan, canadian and acadian meat pies, thai noodle dishes; not a lot of great (at least not a lot of variety) restaurants here in port, so i just make it all. my wife mostly cooks egg in the hole and desserts.
Some tasty sounding food there !! :Oh Yeah!:

I love cooking period but one of my favorites and a favorite with most that try it is Malva Pudding. I learned this dessert from my Aunt and it seems to be what I am asked to prepare for most family get togethers.

BCROB

Modifier........
I think we could survive in camp together.....:ROFL:...I make a Mean pot of Hamburger Helper when I have Moose , Elk, Deer or Antelope burger on hand. I will even autograph the dam box for anyone who wants it.
bahahahahahaaa !!!! dam it must be good !!!

Last edited:

Foxton Gundogs

Moderator/CERTIFIED GOOSE PIG 2016....... Cedar BC
We have to have hash browns with bacon [lots] onion, garlic, hot banana peppers and a few sausage links....sprinkled with cajun powder while cooking....cannot be handled if you suffer from heartburn LOL
That's pretty much what we called "scrapple" back home potatoes mixed with peppers, onions, meat, seasoning and sometimes topped with cheese, throw some eggs on top, haven't had that in years used to love it.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Top Bottom