Welcome to BIG SHOTS – BC's Friendliest Outdoor Forum.

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in
  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What is everyone eating tonight!

Fear No Deer

MODERATOR, Sausage King
Staff member
Somewhere Hiding From Those Wascally Geese
Oh yah picked up a couple at that price at Walmart, great deal.

Tonight my daughter freshly graduate from culinary school is cooking us some strip lion steaks and scallops, she has had the steak marinating in fresh herbs and garlic for a couple of days know, should be good I would think and of course I cut my steaks about 1 1/2" thick.

NAHMINT

living life in paradise.
Never had BBQ octopus BUT a friend from GREECE used to oickle them........ it was actually EXCELLENT !!! But then,after all the most excellent METAXA (?)

Brandy, I guess even tripe would have tasted almost palatable !!!

Fella

Tall as a mountain thin as a pine
Never had BBQ octopus BUT a friend from GREECE used to oickle them........ it was actually EXCELLENT !!! But then,after all the most excellent METAXA (?)

Brandy, I guess even tripe would have tasted almost palatable !!!
It was great! I boiled it in salted water for 90 seconds then put it on a bed of herbs in a Dutch oven at low temp in the oven for 30 minutes, then marinaded in lemon, garlic, oregano for about an hour before lightly charring it.

Side story, this was given to me by a friend who free dives. He speared the octopus to the ocean floor and the thing bent his half inch steel spear while trying to get away. He eventually wrestled it to shore. Turned out to be a good sized octopus, at least a 6 foot span