Welcome to BIG SHOTS – BC's Friendliest Outdoor Forum.

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

What is everyone eating tonight!

Fear No Deer

MODERATOR, Sausage King
Somewhere Hiding From Those Wascally Geese
Prawn Po Boy...

View attachment 12925

In the late 1800s fried oyster sandwiches on French loaves were known in New Orleans and San Francisco as "oyster loaves", a term still in use in the 21st century. A sandwich containing both fried shrimp and fried oysters is often called a "peacemaker"
Made some of those a few days ago and man are they good.

newhunterette

Proud BC Resident Hunter & Gourmet Goddess
I smoked a moose roast last night in my stove top smoker and today I baked french rolls..... so today we are having smoked moose dips....

I've got on this bread baking kick suddenly.... baked 2 loaves of rye bread on Sunday so I could make Braydon and Peter's lunches this week

I used to have a bread machine but wasn't using it enough so gave it away to Azshia, I have a kneading attachment to my kitchen aid but it is such an old machine I havent bothered to give it a go ..... been making the dough and kneading it by hand.... thought it may be good therapy for my aches and pains.......... not so much therapy helping physically but mentally at least I am doing something

philcott

Mucho Gusto
I'll be breezing into Fraser Orr's butcher shop (voted best dressed butcher) for some haggis as well. I'll have to break my low carb kick for the steaming sausage but its a must for Burn's day.

newhunterette

according to Peter he is making supper tonight and I am very affeared because he is making organ parts which he has never cooked before............think he should be opening my cook book for this experiment... although it is the time of year for haggis which is basically what that is....... right?

newhunterette

He's cooking up the liver, right?

View attachment 12990
yup and the heart and that's about what it looked like.................. the liver........... I will admit it was tasty the way he prepared it but still not my preferred meal.......... I definitely have a different way of making these particular cuts........

shuswapbear

Long-Time Member
My wifey tried something new tonight, carrots, potatoes with butter and Italian seasoning and a stuffed chicken breast w/broccoli, yellow pepper, seasoning and shredded cheese.
download8fd47b3c__2fstorage_2f9016-4EF8_2fDCIM_2fCamera_2f20180113_175801.jpg

Last edited:

philcott

Mucho Gusto
When wifey goes to Victoria, she stops at Orr's and loads up. Sadly that was the last of it.
Started eating it when we went to Scotland and love it.
I was in Orr's a couple of days ago. They now do a bacon wrapped haggis. It comes minus the stomach but is held together with ample cross hatched strands of bacon. MMmm MMM mmmm Mmmm mmm. o ah

Foxton Gundogs

Moderator/CERTIFIED GOOSE PIG 2016....... Cedar BC
Just a toasted smoked salmon sandwich and a glass of milk. CC got stuck in Kelowna. They over booked her flight so gave her a hotel c/w dinner, breakfast, a cab to and from the airport AND $800, she said, I hope you don't mind. lol Mind, yah right who says you cant put a price on love lol

Steelwheels

Old Homestead
CC got stuck in Kelowna. They over booked her flight so gave her a hotel c/w dinner, breakfast, a cab to and from the airport AND $800, she said, I hope you don't mind. lol Mind, yah right who says you cant put a price on love lol
$800.... now is that cash or credit for her next hiatus .:What:

Everything has its price... Right Mike..:devilish:

Vermicelli and Spicy MeataBalls and a Greek Salata..mmm

Top Bottom