Welcome to BIG SHOTS – BC's Friendliest Outdoor Forum.

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in
  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What is everyone eating tonight!

Thread starter #1

jenn7210

300 MAGNUM
Went to shop for a nice steak for dinner and could not believe it. T-bones were expensive and most were missing the best part! Shopped around and found a whole beef tenderloin for about the same cost:HUH?:

Wanted a nice dinner so bought the tenderloin and sliced it up myself. Yes, have some butchering skills that Dad instilled in us boys. Had to have something to go with the delictible Alberta beef and found Nova Scotia bay scallops to top it off.....:Heh, heh, heh::Heh, heh, heh:

Local farm produce for the salad and we have a meal fit for a king!

:Oh Yeah!:

Bow Walker

Looking an Digging.
I made a teriyaki marinade for a couple of pork chops. Let them sit in it for most of the day.

I also made a pasta salad.... in it were cherry tomatoes, slivered pea pods, edamame beans, fresh parsley, fresh cilantro, fresh bay leaves, garlic, ginger, freshly shredded Reggiano, fresh cracked pepper, olive oil, lemon juice, and some elbow grease....

Had a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc from new Zealand chilling in the fridge all day.

Like moosen gram, I have no pics to share...but if you phone me I can let you smell my breath.....:Heh, heh, heh:

J

Jeff

Beef spaghetti. Yuk. Lol. Should be moose. I'm all out unfortunately oh. And lemon merang pie.

Thread starter #8

jenn7210

300 MAGNUM
Bow Walker ... a whole bottle of wine???:rolleyes:

Jeff you need to shoot a bigger moose....small wink

Last edited:

Foxton Gundogs

Moderator/CERTIFIED GOOSE PIG 2016....... Cedar BC
Staff member
Porterhouse, roast spuds, grilled zucchini, mushrooms, onions, grilled cheese bread MMMMMMMMMMMMM

BCROB

Modifier........
Went to shop for a nice steak for dinner and could not believe it. T-bones were expensive and most were missing the best part! Shopped around and found a whole beef tenderloin for about the same cost:HUH?:

Wanted a nice dinner so bought the tenderloin and sliced it up myself. Yes, have some butchering skills that Dad instilled in us boys. Had to have something to go with the delictible Alberta beef and found Nova Scotia bay scallops to top it off.....:Heh, heh, heh::Heh, heh, heh:

Local farm produce for the salad and we have a meal fit for a king!

:Oh Yeah!:
now that's my kind a meal !!

newhunterette

Proud BC Resident Hunter & Gourmet Goddess
how the heck to you get a perfect cooked steak inside a perfect cooked pastry?!?!?!?
lots of practice and never wanting to have Gordon Ramsay yell at me in HELL'S KITCHEN.......................... LOL LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Too bad they don't make steak flavored milkshakes Ali :good on ya:
ewwwww ya no thank you.......... although I am getting thru all this liquid stuff, the thought of puree'd meat makes me want to gag........... for now I will stick with protein powder until I am able to tolerate solid food again

newhunterette

Proud BC Resident Hunter & Gourmet Goddess
tonight I made a Cornish game hen stuffed with spinach, grape tomatoes, Camembert cheese, rosemary and a pheasant stuffed with blueberries, sweet basil and smoked garlic, roasted them both and made a reduced sauce from each, made a orzo, lentil, quinoa, rice pilaf, and steamed sweet peas.......... for my menfolk and I had skim milk, protein powered, no sodium, no fat chicken broth soup and 1/4c of raspberry no sugar jello.................... sorry no photo tonight....vultures picked the birds clean before I could get one taken