Welcome to BIG SHOTS – BC's Friendliest Outdoor Forum.

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in
  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Home Page for Badlands Knifeworks and Cypress County Calls

up to my armpits............n eed help before I go under............... about to blow bubbles

Thread starter #1

newhunterette

Proud BC Resident Hunter & Gourmet Goddess
goodness gracious I am drowning in the sea here........... my home has been invaded (don't get me wrong...it's a fantastic invasion) with king crab, lobster and salmon...not to mention rock cod and haddock

I am going to be in the process of smoking some beautiful salmon fillets and last night I did do the lobsters. Their heads are now being boiled into a delectable broth because the last batch of lobster bisque I made didn't last a day to get some into the freezer. I swear I have seagulls.

I have peeled and cracked so much crab lately, my hands look like pin cushions from them spiny buggers, but cracking and peeling them takes up less room in the freezer

I have a huge batch of rock cod already filleted, has anyone ever smoked rock cod.... ive never tried to, it is a softer fish so I was worried it would fall apart in the process.... any hints

also we have quite a few bream fish and they still have guts in, I have never gutted a bream, they are a smaller fish...has anyone ever worked with bream...

another one I have is pompano fish... weird looking fish.... tried cooking it once... it wasnt bad but maybe you have done something with a pompano

looking for ideas............................................................................................................................................ please

Thread starter #6

newhunterette

I will be alone next weekend whilst Peter is out hunting with Mike's son...........lol lol and Mike I could maybe send some yummers along...................

I did say it is a fantastic invasion, I love my seafood fairy........

keeps me busy

Leaseman

Staff member
I will be alone next weekend whilst Peter is out hunting with Mike's son...........lol lol and Mike I could maybe send some yummers along...................

I did say it is a fantastic invasion, I love my seafood fairy........

keeps me busy

Hmmmmm....

so all I need is to bring some Crown, feed him several drinks and raid his cooler!! Easy for an old vet like me!!!: : :Oh Yeah!:

- - - Updated - - -

where abouts will he be ??
He will be out with Nick, my son, being shown all my honey holes!!:Doh!:

Guess I might have to show up later....Princeton way Robbie!

Thread starter #8

newhunterette

The salmon filets looked too perfect for smoking so they made nice pirtions for the bbq.... Oh ya ... I can feel an end of summer hello fall get together coming shortly ......

Fear No Deer

MODERATOR, Sausage King
Somewhere Hiding From Those Wascally Geese
So what you are saying is that you will use her as a filler in you time schedule?? :popcorn: :biggrin-new:
Now Mike quite trying to stir the pot, I just want to make sure I have enough time to enjoy the company and enough time to digest the food so I don't fall asleep on the way home, I already know I going to eat to much.

Steelwheels

Schuetzen Up
I am sure anyone that goes there for dinner would not mind a power nap after, you know maybe a few of us could car pool out there so we could take turns driving back :ROFL:
So your saying.."you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours"??
Not sure why but sometimes I get a reaction when eating a feed of Crabs... Itchy all over hands and Mug.

Leaseman

Staff member
Now Mike quite trying to stir the pot, I just want to make sure I have enough time to enjoy the company and enough time to digest the food so I don't fall asleep on the way home, I already know I going to eat to much.
264th and Fraser is all of what, 20 minutes from your home.....:popcorn:

Power nap....sure they don't mind at all! What color panties would you like to be wearing when you wake up??????:ROFL::don't tell anyone::Don't Go There:

Steelwheels

Schuetzen Up
Dan.. I've seen his Office... You should see the Size of his Desk... He never did show me what's behind the large photo of himself on the wall but it looks like the Hinges have been replaced numerous times..:Doh!:

Thread starter #28

newhunterette

Omgosh Y'all crack (no pun intended) me up.............
last night I made portabella mushrooms with crab... Peter asked why I made 3 cause they are huge mushrooms... I said in case guests show up and if not guess there is left overs... He could only eat one... Huge mushrooms

today we have the Ganders coming for supper so I was going to make a lobster and crab stuffed canneloni with rose' sauce but Peter was feeling it.... Think he is a little tired of seafood and fish at the moment so we are going to go with a nice traditional German meal in honour of Oktober fest coming up soon.

but I still have a carton of crab to crack and peel (18 pkgs-average 10/12 legs/claws in ea)... My poor hands

Steelwheels

Schuetzen Up
Omgosh Y'all crack (no pun intended) me up.............
last night I made portabella mushrooms with crab... Peter asked why I made 3 cause they are huge mushrooms... I said in case guests show up and if not guess there is left overs... He could only eat one... Huge mushrooms

today we have the Ganders coming for supper so I was going to make a lobster and crab stuffed canneloni with rose' sauce but Peter was feeling it.... Think he is a little tired of seafood and fish at the moment so we are going to go with a nice traditional German meal in honour of Oktober fest coming up soon.

but I still have a carton of crab to crack and peel (18 pkgs-average 10/12 legs/claws in ea)... My poor hands

When will it ever end...??

So who is this Seafoodmonger..??

Does he not see the Turmoil and Hardship he's causing You and Family..!!

Maybe I should step in between and reduce the pain and suffering inflicted to Yous....:Doh!:

Thread starter #31

newhunterette

When will it ever end...??

So who is this Seafoodmonger..??

Does he not see the Turmoil and Hardship he's causing You and Family..!!

Maybe I should step in between and reduce the pain and suffering inflicted to Yous....:Doh!:
Ha ha ha.... Oh my seafood fairy identity is a secret but our deliveries are all legal.... Just a very generous person who knows how much I love my seafood even if at this moment I can have just a nibble .....

we do a lot of trading thru a barter system ..... Comes in handy at times but I think I get the better end of the deal :-)

but those weird fish the pompano and bream... Gonna be interestin....definitely a google moment here

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Howard Carter Lease Ltd