Welcome to BIG SHOTS – BC's Friendliest Outdoor Forum.

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in
  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Trying some ribs in the smoker

Thread starter #1

moosen gram

Resident Hunter
thumbnail (19).jpg

We've never tried ribs before so this is an experiment, we threw in a couple of frying sausages just to see how they would turn out.

- - - Updated - - -

thumbnail (18).jpg

Also going to put in a bit of salmon....brining it tonight and into the smoker in the morning.

Dru

This IS My Life
I love the randomness!

hmm... ill do some ribs..... buttttt while im at it I will do some sausages too..... ANNNNNND maybe some fish!

I have been feeling the urge lately as well....
I want to do up some more Cheese soon...

Bow Walker

Looking an Digging.
Our deer ribs were usually saved for the summer camping trips and they were cooked over an open fire as appetizers..... they sure didn't last long, and they went down amazingly well with a few brewskis....

Foxton Gundogs

Moderator/CERTIFIED GOOSE PIG 2016....... Cedar BC
Staff member
I do all my ribs in the smoker. @ 2.5 hours with smoke, then wrap them in tinfoil with some apple juice and fireball for moisture for 2 hrs, then finish with sauce on the BBQ

:Hungry:

Round Boy

Can't keep a beat.
I do all my ribs in the smoker. @ 2.5 hours with smoke, then wrap them in tinfoil with some apple juice and fireball for moisture for 2 hrs, then finish with sauce on the BBQ

:Hungry:
Hey that sounds good. So no brine before smoking. How hot do you run the smoker? I packed the ribs from my recent whitetail so looking forward to doing this. Thanks for tips.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)