Welcome to BIG SHOTS – BC's Friendliest Outdoor Forum.

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in
  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Home Page for Badlands Knifeworks and Cypress County Calls

Smoker day............

Thread starter #1

newhunterette

Proud BC Resident Hunter & Gourmet Goddess
My brother in law had asked me if I would smoke some salmon for him that he caught. I said no problem. He said he would pay me (a bottle of tequila) okay I like tequila. So I get his salmon (4 little filets) hardly worth starting up my Bradley considering it has a very short life expectancy these days. I decided if I am gonna get her fired up I may as well load her up with yummy things.

So I decided to brine up some beef ribs and then get them smoking....after they were thru their smoking process they are put into a nice Ali's (as Braydon says TO DIE FOR) homemade teriyaki sauce where they will sit to become maui ribs for another day on the bbq.

I take 3 whole chickens and give them a nice rub down in seasonings inside and out and into the smoker they go........always nice to have something special in the freezer for those "what are you bringing" potluck parties

so now it's worthwhile to do the bro in law's salmon

another quick idea I added was I took some Himalayan and Coarse Sea salt and smoked it (great to add as a smokey seasoning to enhance dishes, a few onions and some garlic bulbs as well...........

was a very busy day..........

Last edited:
Thread starter #6

newhunterette

OK so now I am hungry..........
it's all healthy too

Wow, awesome as usual :applause:
thanks my lovely

So you brine the ribs, then smoke then maranate in terriaki? then freeze?
yes, yes, yes, and yes.........brine (tenderize) smoke (add some extra zip) teriyaki (turns into a Maui rib (sweet and succulent drop off the bone)) freeze (until day we decide to eat them)

Ali, how long do you smoke the chickens?
smoked them 4 hours :) smoker heat at 200-250

Dru

2. I. C.
Staff member
so are your ribs and chicken "fully cooked" or do you finnish them on the BBQ.

What im getting at is... is it ok to partially cook something and then freeze it for later. Or is it best to fully cook in the smoker and bake sauce on later

Thread starter #8

newhunterette

so are your ribs and chicken "fully cooked" or do you finnish them on the BBQ.

What im getting at is... is it ok to partially cook something and then freeze it for later. Or is it best to fully cook in the smoker and bake sauce on later
Chickens are fully cooked so they can be eaten cold or warmed up.............

Ribs have cured in brine, 3/4 cooked in smoker to allow for teriyaki sauce to penetrate through the meat, I freeze the ribs in the sauce...........just takes a quick bbq to finish the cooking process to serve......I always have a jug of homemade teriyaki sauce in the fridge to make a nice demi-glaze to pour over ribs after bbq but I love to have them soaked in the sauce to get the full sweet/salty throughout the meat

all meat has started as fresh cuts (not previously frozen)

also Dru, this is just one way that I do ribs....Azshia loves Maui Ribs (they are expensive to buy in the store for 4 little ribs) so this is my way of doing them

I have a rub that I use for smoking back ribs and then a molasses/rum bbq sauce to baste over them as they smoke.............

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Howard Carter Lease Ltd