Welcome to BIG SHOTS – BC's Friendliest Outdoor Forum.

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Smoked Salmon

Thread starter #1
B

BChoyt

Took 2 of last September's coho in to be smoked today since we dont have our own smoker yet... Look forward to getting it back and so yummy!

Thread starter #2
J

Jeff

how much they chargeing u for 2 fish .......man ,,,just grab a little chief for a hundered and a half ....thats what i use ....works awsome for jerky ,salmon,and ribs

Dru

This IS My Life
Have you ordered a smoker? I have always wanted a Bradley..... When i build my garden shed i am going to get one...

Then im going to be like Jeff and post pictures that torture our membership!

Thread starter #4
C

chootem

We grabed a little chief last good fishin season and i put it together... Then took it apart and back to the store. Ive owned them before and are crap now in my opinion. Almost falls apart its so cheep now. Not stable at all.
I mnow a few have dradleys and work fine, just over priced for what it does to me. Real eay to make. Think my next ill just make

philcott

Mucho Gusto
We grabed a little chief last good fishin season and i put it together... Then took it apart and back to the store. Ive owned them before and are crap now in my opinion. Almost falls apart its so cheep now. Not stable at all.
I mnow a few have dradleys and work fine, just over priced for what it does to me. Real eay to make. Think my next ill just make
I've had the same little chief smoker for 26 years now. I've replaced the power cord once and the heating coil once (this was after I lent it to a friend one time). It's long payed for it's self and I have eaten some incredibly good salmon, jerky and sausage that came out of it.

Sucks to hear the new ones are crap. Mine surely isn't.

Thread starter #6
J

Jeff

I've had the same little chief smoker for 26 years now. I've replaced the power cord once and the heating coil once (this was after I lent it to a friend one time). It's long payed for it's self and I have eaten some incredibly good salmon, jerky and sausage that came out of it.

Sucks to hear the new ones are crap. Mine surely isn't.
there not that bad ...mine is 3 years old ....works fine ......i think choots is exagerating ...but im easily pleased though .....haha

Thread starter #7
C

chootem

Im comparing to what i used to own years ago. Was way thinner tin wobbly junk for 150. Was about 10 buck worth of material

Riverbc

Need A Life
Whenever I smoke I always have enough fish to fire up both smokers side by side, and prefer the way the Big Chief smokes it, doesn't matter if it's a regular smoke or candy. Personal preference I guess. One day I may try lox, and then, the Bradley will be my only option.

newhunterette

Proud BC Resident Hunter & Gourmet Goddess
I use my Bradley Smoker, Ive had it for a couple years and I abuse it, it's outside through all weather because I use it all year, I drive the neighbours crazy, I smoke everything I can think of, I am going to do cheese..........found a Bradley Smoker App for my phone.....LOVE IT

here is mine hard at work doing candied salmon

IMG_0793 by ioarana, on Flickr

IMG_0375 by ioarana, on Flickr

IMG_0800 by ioarana, on Flickr

IMG_0797 by ioarana, on Flickr

IMG_0802 by ioarana, on Flickr

Reno

Magnum Member
That looks great NH, smok'em if u got' um , I know guys that have bought these smokers and never use them.
Bradley or Chief they are like wood ovens or bbq's the more you season them by use, the better the results.
Keep abusing and posting girl
:encouragement:

Thread starter #16
G

G2BC

I know what is on my birthday wish list.

A little chief or Bradley.

I think I would keep alot more of my trout if I could smoke em when I got home.

Mmmmmmmm

Those candied salmon bits look very yummy.
Your very talented Newhunterette!!! :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Top Bottom