Welcome to BIG SHOTS – BC's Friendliest Outdoor Forum.

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in
  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Looking for a bacon recipe

Thread starter #1

philcott

Mucho Gusto
Hi guys and gals. I have a number of pork bellies I want to turn into bacon. I've done the sweet bacon in the past but now I'm looking for a recipe that'll give me more of a breakfast bacon. If you have a brine you're willing to share I'll be happy to give it a try.

Thanks.

Bow Walker

Looking an Digging.
This one has been our go-to brine since "This Little Piggy Went To Market".....

DAN’S FAMILY BRINE RECIPE

• fill a 5 gallon plastic bucket 2/3 full with cold water
• 3 1/2 cups coarse pickling salt or sea salt
• 3 cups Demerara sugar
• 3 tablespoon Prague Powder #1
• 1.5 cups pickling spice
• 8 cloves peeled fresh garlic
• 1 small handful fennel seeds

Combine all ingredients and stir until sugar and salt are completely dissolved.
Completely immerse the meat to be cured. Clamp the lid back on tightly or cover with plastic meat wrap, and place in the cooler. Allow to cure for at least 2 weeks.

BCROB

Modifier........
Hi guys and gals. I have a number of pork bellies I want to turn into bacon. I've done the sweet bacon in the past but now I'm looking for a recipe that'll give me more of a breakfast bacon. If you have a brine you're willing to share I'll be happy to give it a try.

Thanks.
Phil after our recent pm's this morning this thread cracked me up !!!!!!!
Couple strips is ok !!!!! LOL !!!

Thread starter #5

philcott

Mucho Gusto
Phil after our recent pm's this morning this thread cracked me up !!!!!!!
Couple strips is ok !!!!! LOL !!!
I don't think you app will work. Can you see why?

Actually the bacon will be made from my son's pigs and will mostly be for him.

Smokercraft

I’ve had a couple bacon brine recipes I’ve used but the lastest greatest and easiest is the pre made “bacon dry rub” from Stuffers I picked up recently. Wow so easy and delicious.
Weight the pork bellie. Weight out right amount of dry rub. Sprinkle dry rub over the bellie and let sit for a week in a zip lock bag in the fridge. The last couple bellies and loins I’ve done I’ve vacuum packed them with the food saver and let them sit that way.

I did 2 bellies this morning before I left for work. I covered one with fresh ground pepper and the other one I’m trying to do a maple flavour

Dru

This IS My Life
what we need Phil,,,,, Where did you get the bellies!!!

my recipe was sweet, and like you when I do it again im going Salty..... so I will watch this!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)