Welcome to BIG SHOTS – BC's Friendliest Outdoor Forum.

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Jowls and cheeks

Thread starter #1

philcott

Mucho Gusto
Have any of you made scrumptious treats from the jowls and cheeks of swine? We have a few and was wondering what we might create out of them.

Suggestions graciously accepted.

Pork fat rules. (Emeril Lagasse)

Bow Walker

Looking an Digging.
You could always skin them and add the fat/meat to your sausage. They have a great ration of meat to fat.

You could cure and smoke them, then add then to your pea soup.....

You could slo-cook them until tender - cut them into thick bacon-like slices and then make a balsamic reduction and glaze them as they fry and get crisp on the outside but tender on the inside. Serve them with scallops or halibut as a different riff on the classic surf n turf.

6a4ece415ac3a7c70945a15febfa47bf.jpg

Last edited:

NAHMINT

living life in paradise.
Grandma use to make headcheese from what you mention. It was really good but I have No Idea how she made it or what ingredients she used but even as a child it was Dam Good...:Oh Yeah!::Oh Yeah!::Oh Yeah!:
:Good Post: So I don't have to keep it a secret any longer :applause:!!!!!!!!!!!!!! granny and granddad used to make head cheese too :Oh Yeah!: AND I LOVED IT !!!!! pigs head cut in half and roasted.... crackling and all that wonderfull greasy fat attached.......AH the MEMORIES........:Here's To Ya:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Top Bottom