Welcome to BIG SHOTS – BC's Friendliest Outdoor Forum.

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in
  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Had to salvage my day so no better way than to get smokin.......

Thread starter #7

newhunterette

Proud BC Resident Hunter & Gourmet Goddess
Just curious.. Does the fish actually develop more of a garlic Flavour with those Bulbs in as well..?
oh the garlic.... guess I should have explained those...... no the flavour doesnt go into the fish...I ran out of space to smoke my garlic bulbs which are amazing to add to recipes....so I just lined them along the edges of my racks..... I also smoked two bowls of sea salt flakes after the fish came out of the smoker when I finally had room.....lol

Thread starter #9

newhunterette

Interesting ideas.. Thanks Alison
anytime darlin..... I find if you use the salt flakes they pick up the smokey flavour best compared to coarse or regular granulated salt.... also the Himalayan salt is another one that holds the smokiness too

I love adding the smoked garlic to my creamy pasta sauces or dips and really good in stirfries.... its not as strong as if you used regular garlic ... adds a little sweetness to the garlic flavour

Steelwheels

The Wanderer
Mmmmm..
Passing this on to Dearest "E"
She tries hard to replicate the meals I remember coming out of the Kitchen of my Old Greek Granny..
Does a fine job I must say!!!:Oh Yeah!:

Thread starter #12

newhunterette

That would blow big time......you must have at least taken a little sample??? ;-)
Unfortunately CS not even a little sample... My stomach can not digest anything solid at this time... It is too dangerous to take the chance of causing a tear or leak....... But the troops have told me it is very delicious so that makes me happy

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)