Welcome to BIG SHOTS – BC's Friendliest Outdoor Forum.

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Cukes are out.

Leaseman

retired mod
You should grow them too buddy, no better feeling that going into your garden and picking some for lunch or supper!! :Oh Yeah!:

We are keeping the kids and close friends in fresh garden produce for the last while! Cukes are coming on strong now! I sure had enjoyed many meals with steamed chard too!!

home grown tomatoes, no taste like it!! :kewl:

Thread starter #3

Fear No Deer

MODERATOR, Sausage King
Somewhere Hiding From Those Wascally Geese
Mike do not have the room here for a garden but my parents had 5 acres in Poco which was all garden so I know what fresh is and at the new place I hope to have a garden the only way to go, and have you ever had fresh cream, I mean skimming it of the top of fresh milk ? now thats the best my spa had a dairy farm and man that was the best.

Leaseman

retired mod
Mike do not have the room here for a garden but my parents had 5 acres in Poco which was all garden so I know what fresh is and at the new place I hope to have a garden the only way to go, and have you ever had fresh cream, I mean skimming it of the top of fresh milk ? now thats the best my spa had a dairy farm and man that was the best.

My cousin has the largest (not sure if it still is or not) dairy farm on the Island....I did a spell on the farm and did a fair bit of milking....small wink.... haying, calving and all the rest that goes with it!! I helped him out a few summers many years ago when he was struggling along.... memories for life was him and I, one summer, custom cutting hay and putting up 25,000 bales all told....the two of us and one of his young sons as a driver at times (8 or 9 years old!)

Thanks for the comment Chris, made me reflect bad to an simpler time!! :Oh Yeah!:

Westerday

CERTIFIED REDNECK
Well :Tongue: to the lot of you just finished making 30 quarts of dill pickles, haha there all mine well maybe the wives to she did help.

Oh yah just cracked my first beer and better go start watching the Lions beat up some rough riders.

Lions racked up about 100 yards in penalties before half time. Best just have a beer and relax young fella. I imagine Wally is losing his Chit in the locker room right now.......:ROFL:

Did I mention the Lions are losing right now......:not sure:

You best be bringing some of your preserves out this way in the fall, Aint nothing better than Goose Jerky, Dill Pickles and Beer .......Me and the boys need something to do while your tending to the cleaning duties

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Top Bottom