Welcome to BIG SHOTS – BC's Friendliest Outdoor Forum.

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in
  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Cooking steak or tenderloins

Thread starter #1

CanuckShooter

Wapiti Killer
Well the young fella cooked up some elk tenderloin from the cow he took this year. And he did something a little different, salt/pepper with butter on top and let sit for an hour or so before cooking. It was really really tasty.

How do you cook up some moose or elk steaks that isn't just tossing in a pan with some oil?

I like to put a dry mustard and worchester rub on before frying up sometimes, that is really good with an ice cold pilsner.

Steelwheels

The Wanderer
Cover meat with ground pepper, garlic powder, fine chopped oregano and Olive Oil for maybe 15 minutes and then to the Pan..Medium to High heat...

Medium Rare for me....

BBBnRams

Cover meat with ground pepper, garlic powder, fine chopped oregano and Olive Oil for maybe 15 minutes and then to the Pan..Medium to High heat...

Medium Rare for me....
your nailing that one SW ....... Or a quick throw on to the hot BBQ ....... Do NOT OVER COOK !

Flippin YUMMY

Bow Walker

Looking an Digging.
I'm a minimalist when it comes to game meat. I want to taste and enjoy the flavour of the meat....

I just use a bit of S&P and really quick in the pan - no more than medium rare.

KTownKiller

This IS My Life
Gotta be BBQed! Lately we've been using an awesome marinade for steaks that my daughter found on a website somewhere. It's so good, it's the only one we use now!

- - - Updated - - -

Gotta be BBQed! Lately we've been using an awesome marinade for steaks that my daughter found on a website somewhere. It's so good, it's the only one we use now!

Algorithm

Long-Time Member
Honey, dry sherry, olive oil, soy sauce, red pepper flake, lemon rind, ginger powder, garlic clove. My wife got this from a flank steak recipe, we tried it on some deer steak and that is the way we will do it from now on! Marinated some for a family friend, they fed some to their daughter who won't eat deer, she thought it was beef. So good!

KTownKiller

This IS My Life
Would you happen to have a link to that website where she found the recipe ????

I am always willing to try something new.

Lost the link. But here's the recipe for the marinade from Elyse's memory,

1/4 Cup Soya Sauce
1/4 Cup vinegar
1/4 Cup Olive oil
1/4 Cup Worcestershire sauce
2 TSP Dijon mustard
2 cloves garlic
pepper

Enjoy! KTK

Last edited:

Bow Walker

Looking an Digging.
There is a simple marinade that I sometimes use on meat, including game.

it goes by volume - depending on the amount of meat to be marinated.

1/4 soya sauce
3/4 olive oil
fresh ground black pepper
fresh garlic cloves, crushed

then you can add herbs for taste such as rosemary, marjoram, oregano, and the like.

Marinate for up to 2 hours before grilling.

Thread starter #17

CanuckShooter

Wapiti Killer
I've always been an HP sauce guy, while my wife prefers a BBQ sauce. But sometimes you try some of these rubs, or pepper corn gravies and it really adds to the whole dining experience so your not eating the same thing all the time. Try cooking your steak up as you prefer and serve with some pepper corn gravy on top....to die for!!

My wife makes roulatin sometimes too and I really like that!!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)