Welcome to BIG SHOTS – BC's Friendliest Outdoor Forum.

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in
  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Home Page for Badlands Knifeworks and Cypress County Calls

Christmas Dinner.

newhunterette

Proud BC Resident Hunter & Gourmet Goddess
turkey is rubbed and ready for the fryer, pork roast is salted and ready for the oven (danish style), ham is in the roaster and made ready to go, red cabbage has been sliced and diced and turned into Rot kohl German style, all the vegies are waiting to be cooked just right, ris a'lmonde is made for christmas game dessert...... I think I am organized......... oh almost forgot the gluhwein is simmmering to go into to frauenzangen bowle ....... light the tree candles and set the sugar cone a blaze.............. lets eat, drink and be merry. skol and prost

pictures to come later......... back to the kitchen

Thread starter #39

Bow Walker

ALWAYS LOOKING - ALWAYS DIGGING
Was a bowl of pea soup tonight.... not much incentive to rustle up something more enticing this eve.... long day at Labor. and home too late. BUT, at least "they" all got their turkeys. hams, and Prime Ribs......

HEY! P soup is great, if it is homemade.... small wink

Last edited:

KTownKiller

This IS My Life
Looking Great Gal! small wink
I'll bet your kitchen is a Tornado of activity just now!!
And I well understand you would have it no other way!
ENJOY!! :Oh Yeah!:

Not to worry Buddy! Ol' Foxy stood up to the task, and handed me off a fine honker for the occasion. Of course the bugger didn't pick it for us, but hey, what are wives for?? :highly_amused:

He's hitting the brine this afternoon in fact!
Methinks it will be another rather fine dinner in celebration! :Oh Yeah!:

Enjoy your turkey Buddy!

Cheers,
Nog
I bet it's one he smoked at about 10 yds. with a 3.5" mag load of BBs!!! Or was he nice and gave you a head shot bird?

Seriously though, I hope it tastes better than the buggers out here!

It was in pretty decent shape.
Only a couple bb holes, kinda wondered what actually killed it... small wink

If it doesn't taste good, I'll be returning it via snail mail for a refund... :highly_amused:

Cheers,
Nog - Bird is now out of the brine and freshening for an hour before his introduction to the fullest belly he's ever had, and a nice sauna to follow... :Oh Yeah!:

Foxton Gundogs

Moderator/CERTIFIED GOOSE PIG 2016....... Cedar BC
Staff member
I bet it's one he smoked at about 10 yds. with a 3.5" mag load of BBs!!! Or was he nice and gave you a head shot bird?

It was a heart shot bird, one of those that just keep flying like nothing is wrong till they fold stone dead.
Not sure what you are feeding those geese Nolan lol but I am here to testify that the birds we have taken from all around the Okanogan have been great eating. Corn/apple fed birds, nothing finer imho.

:Hungry:

KTownKiller

This IS My Life
The pepperoni is great though! So no waste anyway! I'm sure they're fine eating, we just got tired of working with them. Pepperoni from Illichman's is soooo awesome! I said that already, didn't I? :hopelessness:

I had one of those heart shot birds. It made it just over Benvoulin rd, dripp'n blood onto pass'n cars under it possibly! It suddenly dropped and hit the ground right beside the road! I had to walk over and pick it up less than 8 feet from passing cars! No one seemed to mind at all! :highly_amused: Not that they stopped and said anyway. If they did, it probably would've been a big thumbs up anyway.

I love kill'n in KTown!!!! :victorious:

Last edited:

Leaseman

Staff member
Not Christmas dinner per se, but perhaps for New Years....

The Atlantic Superstore (Loblaws) where I work part time has Prime Rib roasts on for the ridiculous price of $4.77 per pound this week. Yup, that's not a typo. They are in fact $4.77 per pound.

The first 36 cases of ribs that came in were - get this - Black Angus Beef, Canada AAA grade from Alberta. Do you think that they went fast? Do you think that all the staff had at least one roast put away for themselves? :rolleyes:

I have a good sized 4-bone roast with my name on it resting in the cooler as I type this.
Was a hell of a deal!! We put just shy of 70 pounds in the freezer on that run! :Oh Yeah!:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Howard Carter Lease Ltd