Welcome to BIG SHOTS – BC's Friendliest Outdoor Forum.

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in

Beer Again..... What to brew??

Thread starter #1

Dru

This IS My Life
ok so....
Today I will be bottling 15 gallons of Gale Warning. I don't know what the finished ABV will be but we had an og of .062 so she will be a hot one!
And I will be bottling 15 gallons of 59 Fathom Edge which I will turn into a "45" fathom edge Sessions Ale.. I will be watering this one down to 4.5% not 5.9%
I want to see what it tastes like watered down because that will give me an extra 4 or so gallons of beer..... as well what I have discovered,, when you have 60 Gallons of beer high percentage is not necessary and can also be a nuisance...

Any way, I will be brewing a Lager .. a very light Lager again aiming at 4% I will need a name for that if you want to try..
BUT!

so far I have
59 Fathom Edge Pale Ale
Gale warning Imperial IPA
Black Dog Brown
Keepers Kolsche....
and an un named Lager.....

What should I try now?
is there a beer profile you like that I can Clone? I wa kinda thinking of doing a light Brown honey ale like Sleemans... Black Dog is like Race Rocks, more dark.
I need some direction.... I don't like German IPA or Bock .... Lagers and pilsners are really similar.... I don't know!

Thread starter #4

Dru

This IS My Life
My Black Dog is half near there... but im not so much a super dark beer guy.... Though maybe a "Hermans" Clone? .... might be an idea?
I don't like Dunkles.... it would have to be like a Van isle Winter ale or Hermans...

Thread starter #5

Dru

This IS My Life
there is a half chance I will maybe toss a small get together near Christmas.... maybe... I have beer...lol

Thread starter #9

Dru

This IS My Life
My lager is going to be aimed at lucky...
13 years in Ucluelet made me love lucky! Hell I'm having one now

stevo911

Need A Life
My Black Dog is half near there... but im not so much a super dark beer guy.... Though maybe a "Hermans" Clone? .... might be an idea?
I don't like Dunkles.... it would have to be like a Van isle Winter ale or Hermans...
Granville winter ale is what I had in mind, nutty but still kind of light. I haven't had a hermannator in a long time. I might need to do some research for you :Here's To Ya:

Thread starter #19

Dru

This IS My Life
I like that idea too Joel lol.. but still.. I was going to ask the wife about a smaller get together

Chris, my wife claims to be anything but lucky.... I shoot all my deer when she stays at home.. and I hunt with her a fair bit

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Top Bottom