Welcome to BIG SHOTS – BC's Friendliest Outdoor Forum.

It looks like you haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members and much more.

Register Log in
  • This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Ali Got a New Culinary Kitchen Toy

Foxton Gundogs

Moderator/CERTIFIED GOOSE PIG 2016....... Cedar BC
Staff member
You will have to take me aside on Sat and give me your secret, I got a fry pan lol.

Thread starter #6

newhunterette

Proud BC Resident Hunter & Gourmet Goddess
Omgosh..... I am in love with this.....these porky chops were incredible.....I am such a blessed mom..... I am still pinching myself that Breanne got me this machine..... I cant wait to try my swordfish steaks in this method

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Foxton Gundogs

Moderator/CERTIFIED GOOSE PIG 2016....... Cedar BC
Staff member
if I take you aside on Saturday, rumors could get started.....................................
That's OK there has been no drama on the site for a while now. LOL

:ROFL:

Quote Originally Posted by Bow Walker View Post

Does anyone mind that there is no browning on the meat from being in the fry pan?
I'm all about browning, carmalization and bark.

Last edited:
Thread starter #12

newhunterette

Tried my sous vide again with wonderful success.... made teriyaki salmon steaks last week and was told best salmon I ever made and best salmon ever eaten.... boy did that feel excellent then tonight I served up a decadent moose roast......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread starter #16

newhunterette

Ali, does the SV simply hear the water and cook the protein like boil in a bag?
No boil in a bag is the water is boiling...with Sous Vide cooking ...the water is set a precise temperature for a precise set time and the bag is vacuum sealed............everything is very regulated so your food comes out perfectly cooked.... the water is circulating evenly around the food you are cooking...........it is quite fascinating to experiment with

Thread starter #18

newhunterette

Sounds intriguing. Where do you get temp and cooking times? Just by experimenting?
I joined a facebook group so reading all their information, reading books on sous vide, reading the book that came with my sous vide, internet has lots of informations, plus I love to experiment.................... can't figure it out if one doesn't try it and see what works.............. I read to get guidlines then go from there.... still use my own zest for what I do to the food

philcott

Mucho Gusto
I'm thinking it might be a nice gift for Becky next time I don't know what to get her. I'd imagine I'd start using it too since I make a lot of our dinners.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)