Wholesale Sports

Thread: Hunting access - Private, leased, range lease, posted, Crown, mining closure

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Alumni Member

Hunting access - Private, leased, range lease, posted, Crown, mining closure

CONFUSION, that's the only way I can call it. The hunting regulations dosn't help because the way its written is clear as mud. To add to the fact there are thousands of "NO TRESPASSING" and "NO HUNTING" signs posted everywhere some dating back to the 70s. I walked over an old barbed wire fence last year that obviously hasn't been maintained in 70 years but by the way the regs are written it could have been an offense to cross it.

I have seen countless "NO HUNTING" signs throughout the province that say BC Cattleman's Association with a place for the poster to put name and address on the poster. BLANK. I phoned the BCCA and they say it isn't their responsibility. "Well if you produced and printed the signs then hand them out who do you think is responsible??" They don't want to hear that.

I think it is time for a frank discussion on this issue. I believe we hunters/fishers need to become more active in preserving our access to our recreation without interference.

Ken

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Str8shooterbc For This Useful Post:

fearnodeer (September 26th, 2015)