This weather is just what the doctor ordered when it comes to growing blueberries. I imagine all the farms are selling them now. I know when I checked out the farm I usually buy mine at on Monday they hadn't opened yet but yesterday I stopped by and they were picking like crazy.

I'll buy 40-50 pounds a little later on for freezing but for the first few weeks I just stop by to pick up 5 lb. at a time just for eating and putting in my oatmeal. I must have eaten a couple of pounds of them already because every time I walk into the kitchen I'd grab another handful Such a good deal at $1.25 a pound compared to what they cost in the stores.

My grand daughter loves them, too, so I'll make sure to get another 5 lbs. worth when she's down on Wed./Thursday from Kelowna. Homemade buttermilk blueberry pancakes will be on the menu for sure that morning! Her dad and I had some last week but we had to settle for using frozen berries,,,,,still good though. Not sure a day goes by when I don't eat them in my morning oatmeal. They're definitely a staple in my house!