I've shared this with a few sites I belong:
I tried it and it was amazing so I will share with you - this tenderloin turned out so wonderful that even my anti-hunting vegetarian daughter (her description) tried a little sliver and said it was yummy (despite the fact she knew it was deer)

so here goes:

making an indoor smoker for an innovative way to cook choice meats

All you need: Wok, cake rack. wood chips (soak 1/4 c in water for 30 minutes) and foil

ingredients:
1 tbsp. dried rosemary
1 tbsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. juniper berries (crushed)
1 tbsp. kosher salt (coarse salt)
1 tbsp. black pepper (freshly ground)
2 lb. venison tenderloin, backstrap (or any other type of meat you prefer)

Directions:
combine the first five ingredients - an hour before you begin smoking - coat the veison with this rub - chill for at least 30 minutes - then remove it from the refrigerator to sit at room temperature for 30 minutesbefore smoking

build your smoker - line the bottom of your wok with 2 layers of foil as well as inside the lid - leaving 3 inches of foil over hanging the sides - arrange wood chips in the bottom of the wok - invert the cake rack and place it inside the wok (it should rest 1 1/2 - 2 inches above wok bottom)

heat the wok over a high flame uncovered for about 10 minutes or until wod chips begin to smoke - reduce heat to medium and place the meat on the rack directly over the chips - cover the and crimp the foil overhangs to form a tight seal (use oven mitts as the foil gets hot)

smoke the venison for 15-18 minutes (or until meat thermometer reads 130 degrees for med-rare) - lift foil to check - but the quicker the better - remove the meat from the rack - let it rest for 5-10 minutes - then serve

OMG it was to die for

pics to follow.............. .......